A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Time to say Farewell (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16122)

barzya8 10th February 2021 04:34 PM

Time to say Farewell

2 Attachment(s)
The time has arrived for me to say goodbye to my 2002 Avus Silver S8 Final Edition. It's being collected tomorrow
I have really enjoyed my time with this car, but the time is right to move on to a thoroughbred classic. I have bought an exceptional 1972 Triumph TR6
I still have my S5 Cabriolet as my daily driver and I will remain in the background on this forum, so still an Audi fan
I would like to thank everyone on this forum who have assisted me to enjoy my time with the S8 and keep it on the road.
The car is not going too far, as I have sold it to a long term admirer of the car and forum member. I am sure they will declare their purchase in due course.
She will continue to be in great hands, someone who will continue to keep her in the style she has become accustom to, and in her original condition.
Good luck to everyone and I hope to see some of you around at various shows, when we are allowed out again. +++
I attach two picture of my new purchase.

tintin 10th February 2021 04:46 PM

Not farewell, but au revoir?

Hi David,

Firstly, what a gorgeous TR6 - now that definitely deserves a nice warm garage to live in! - as well as lots of roof down driving on dry sunny days ;).

You'll have to bring it along to a future meet (remember them? :rolleyes: ) - and I think you're right, I'm sure the "new" owner will take very good care of it :D.

All the best, and wishing you lots of wind-in-the-hair fun in your new machine.

Stephen

IT 10th February 2021 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 162944)
I'm sure the "new" owner will take very good care of it

He'll have to be careful though, he's not used to all them cubes.... ;)

All the best with the new motor David, and so pleased your FE has gone to a good home within the forum +++

Adrian E 10th February 2021 05:27 PM

I think everybody already knows who has bought this one :D the v-power bill and fuel economy in general will be a bit of a shock :D

It’s a lovely car David and you’ve been a great custodian of it, doing all the right jobs +++

Love the look of the TR6 - lovely things when looked after, as this one appears to have been. Uk model, or import?

Don’t be a stranger +++

Adrian

David's8 10th February 2021 05:43 PM

Now that TR6 is gorgeous +++ Always been one of my favourites of all time.
But surely you'd need both? :Confused: Long distance cruiser and fun tourer?

barzya8 10th February 2021 07:19 PM

Hi Adrian,
It's a UK matching numbers car.

Seems like the information on the new owner is out. I am sure he will take good care of it.+++

tonupkid 10th February 2021 07:31 PM

That is an exceptional TR6 you have there. I love the wheels.
My son in law, as a youngster, fell for his neighbour new TR6, and it became his dream car. Anyway years later he heard of one for sale and it turned out to be the very one he had drooled over, so he fulfilled his childhood dream.
I was able to enjoy some time in it and can testify to the intoxicating noise they make cruising along, top down.
Eventually the sad day arrived. Children! And in an act of regrettable madness the TR6 went onto its third owner. He is still kicking himself, my SIN not the new owner.
You have what must be just about the perfect classic. And they won't be depreciating.

steamship 10th February 2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barzya8 (Post 162942)
The car is not going too far, as I have sold it to a long term admirer of the car and forum member. I am sure they will declare their purchase in due course.

Good stuff, keeping it in the A8parts family.

Not into classic cars but that is stunning.

GarethS8 11th February 2021 09:31 AM

That TR6 is stunning, glad the S8 FE gone to good home

HPsauce 11th February 2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarethS8 (Post 162964)
That TR6 is stunning, glad the S8 FE gone to good home

Agree wholeheartedly with both those sentiments.
There's a few clues about the new owner so I "think" I know who it is, but if it's being collected today we will await photos and a "grand reveal" etc. :cool: