A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Little B***ards (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14915)

moltuae 19th April 2019 06:43 PM

Little B***ards

1 Attachment(s)
A gang of kids ran past the house today throwing rocks at cars.

My car got hit by one on the back window, which has chipped it, and one on the rear passenger side door, which has left it with a dent and a scuff right down to the metal. :mad:

Attachment 21430

We suspect it's the same kids who vandalised the nearby ELR earlier in the day:
https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/175...ck-on-the-elr/

WTF is wrong with these kids!?!

Norretal 19th April 2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moltuae (Post 149869)

Their parent(s) :mad:

Hope they're caught and your car is sorted to your satisfaction and without too much hassle or cost to you

tc4332 19th April 2019 07:58 PM

Oh dear Mark.
Hope you get it sorted.

homer simpson 19th April 2019 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norretal (Post 149870)
Their parent(s) :mad:

100% agree. Even if they get caught, these parents are likely to defend the child rather than punish and pay up. They both need a good kick in.

These sort of petty crimes exist because they know they can get away with it.

The_Laird 19th April 2019 09:49 PM

So sorry to hear that, Mark. I noticed a seious scratch on my bonnet when the car was in MJ’s workshop; it’s either vandalism or a cat!

moltuae 20th April 2019 07:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like the door is going to need a repaint. I'm just thankful they hit a door and not a larger panel like the rear wing. :rolleyes:

I watched the latest episode of Frankie Boyle's New World Order last night and found this quite funny and relevant:

Attachment 21431

It certainly seems that way at times. Some kids are really vile now, almost feral. The nice, well-raised kids (tc4332/Ray's Jordan for example) seem to be in the minority at times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Laird (Post 149874)
I noticed a seious scratch on my bonnet when the car was in MJ’s workshop; it’s either vandalism or a cat!

Quite possibly a cat. It's surprising how much damage they can do. I had to have my bonnet repainted a few years ago because a couple of the Neighbour's cats chose to have a scrap on it. They left scratch marks right down to the primer.

steamship 20th April 2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moltuae (Post 149869)

Modern day society, where everyone has 'rights'! :mad:

The 'right' to be obnoxious little *&^%$ that need a good belt around the ear.

Then of course, you can't say or do anything to the poor little snowflakes as it might upset them.

[I'll stop there before...]

Hope you get the car sorted.

tc4332 20th April 2019 11:11 AM

Mark, That was a lovely compliment.
Thank You.
Of course I've told Craig, Jen and Jordan.
Jordan will be with me for Falmouth.

moltuae 20th April 2019 12:52 PM

It'll be great to see him again Ray. He's a really good kid. If only all kids were like him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by steamship (Post 149877)
Modern day society, where everyone has 'rights'! :mad:

The 'right' to be obnoxious little *&^%$ that need a good belt around the ear.

Absolutely. There's just no discipline now.

Lyn worked for a short while at a nursery (probably for about a year or two, which is all she could stand!). Some of the kids there were horrible. They were very badly behaved, spoilt and selfish. But the staff weren't even allowed to shout at them. When a kid was behaving badly they were supposed to calmly say things like "you're making a bad choice", which of course the kid would completely ignore. And most of the time the parents didn't want to know. Some of them would even defend their child's bad behaviour. :rolleyes:

Norretal 20th April 2019 05:43 PM

I can't let a discussion about kids go by without mentioning Connor, son of briang9. I attended an A8 Parts open day in 2013, knew nobody prior, so turned up in my D2 feeling a bit apprehensive. Connor was the first person to approach me, introduced himself, talked about Audi's for a short time, made me feel at home immediately.

That takes some confidence for a kid, but I think it's more an indication of being "brought up right" and having good manners from an early age. He's a credit to his parents.