A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Cars (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Limited Edition 2002 Audi S8 for Sale (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12158)

AudiSK8 25th September 2016 01:13 PM

Limited Edition 2002 Audi S8 for Sale

10 Attachment(s)
************Now Sold*************

Lovely example of a 2002 Final edition Audi S8.
Excellent bodywork and interior. All original, there is a little corrosion on the fuel flap but that’s all.

I am selling the car for something more economical and within budget.
Mechanically the car needs a little TLC. Ideally I would like to sell to someone who will appreciate and has the time to spend fixing her up.

My prices is £2000 ono (sensible ones only please)
The car has rear TV, headphones, play station.

Alloys – 255/35/ZR20 Tyres are Pirelli
Mileage 165000

Area: Stockport SK8

MOT failures as follows:

Parking brake: efficiency below requirement
Anti-lock braking system warning lamp - Indicates ABS failure ( sensor need replacing)
Rear parking brake recording little or no effort nearside
Front position lamp not working nearside
Front constant velocity joint gaiter damaged to the extent that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt - nearside outer
Front constant velocity joint gaiter deteriorated to the extent that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt - offside outer
Anti-roll bar has excessive play in a pin/bush offside front

Advisory:
Suspension arm has slight play in a ball joint nearside front lower
Exhaust system started to corrode
Engine light staying on

Former keepers 5
We have had the car from 01/12/2010

Cam belt was changed by my partner (not garage) at 119000 and therefore will need a change. whilst in our possession it hasn't been serviced. My partner has done any work that was required and has passed previous MOTs.

We have a box of history passed on from the previous owner

There is no MOT at present car is SORN

RICKY D 25th September 2016 02:46 PM

Lovely colour but better photos of the interior and exterior are definitely needed.

I have a few questions if you could spare a few more minutes please.

Just to clarify, does this have an MOT at present?
How many previous owners?
How long have you owned it?
Do you have much in the way of history/receipts for work done?
Has the gearbox ever been serviced?
Are there any further issues other than the ones you've listed?

Cheers
Rich

tintin 25th September 2016 05:42 PM

As above queries plus one other - in what way is it limited edition?

IT 26th September 2016 09:18 AM

Hi and welcome. Its always a sad event when a new users first post is to move their car on, but sometimes needs must.

I applaud the honest and open description of its status, although its doing little to justify the asking price I suspect.

The photos aren't doing it much justice, but I see a late 2002 model in a nice colour combination in good looking condition with a great looking set of 20" wheels on it.

I can't see much in the way of factory options, but that's not a must for many folks.

The lack of MOT is a big minus point unfortunately, and as it expired June last year its been sat around a little while.

Likewise the lack of recent service documentation is going to worry a number of folks, especially combined with the lack of MOT.

And even if it were a good runner, tested and ready to go, the mileage is top end and would put off a good chunk of people.

I know there are people on this forum that would take this car and give it the TLC it needs, but I think your price expectations are a little high for the risk involved.

I suspect offers around £1500-2K is probably where you need to be to get people interested in this car, and also some idea of where it is located will help people understand the cost of trailering it home.

Obviously its your car, and you can hold out for whatever price you think, but just trying to be helpful. It would be nice to see it purchased and restored to former glory +++

Glws +++

AudiSK8 27th September 2016 07:41 AM

:mexicanwave:

I'll consider lowering the price as advised. Would love a quick sale as I don't want her sat on the drive forever :)

Cheers

Jacqui

IT 27th September 2016 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudiSK8 (Post 117905)
:mexicanwave:

I'll consider lowering the price as advised. Would love a quick sale as I don't want her sat on the drive forever :)

Cheers

Jacqui

Sounds good, and I see you've updated your original post with the added details. I'm finding it half tempting myself, so hopefully you'll get some interest in her +++

tintin 27th September 2016 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IT (Post 117908)
Sounds good, and I see you've updated your original post with the added details. I'm finding it half tempting myself, so hopefully you'll get some interest in her +++

Ian - this is close to me (8 miles away), so I'd be happy to go take a look on your behalf - or for any one else who's interested ;)

mmarksx19 27th September 2016 04:53 PM

Thanks for the updates, I need something clarified. You have had the car for nearly 6 years and it hasn't been serviced in all that time or do you mean it hasn't been serviced by a garage? If the latter, do you have receipts for the parts and details of the work done and when?

Michael

AudiSK8 27th September 2016 05:06 PM

Hi

No the car hasn't had a service at a garage. My partner when he had the time liked to do the jobs himself as he has a sound knowledge of mechanics.
The car has been kept in a friends garage for the best part of a year and only recently have I moved it to my drive.

Thanks for the above advice guys/girls

cheers

Jacqui

James Wade 28th September 2016 11:14 AM

I cant see the rear TV, any chance of a picture?