A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Cars (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   2002 S8 Final Edition - Non Runner (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12341)

barzya8 22nd November 2016 09:23 AM

2002 S8 Final Edition - Non Runner

Hi,
Just seen this on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222322105537?ul_noapp=true

Non Runner, but could be a good project for someone.
Think it includes the S8 number plate

Goran 22nd November 2016 09:46 AM

Nice find!
Shame its a non-runner due to engine, if it was the transmission it could have been a good candidate for a manual conversion attempt.

MikkiJayne 22nd November 2016 11:15 AM

Annoying they don't say what's wrong with the engine.

Never seen one with headrest monitors before. I like those. Shame I've got nowhere to put it at the moment :( I guess it'll be heading North fairly soon ;)

HPsauce 22nd November 2016 11:17 AM

Not far from me, could call in and ask questions if anyone is serious - PM me.

IT 22nd November 2016 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikkiJayne (Post 120057)

Never seen one with headrest monitors before. I like those.

They're not Audi kit, so are likely some crappy Chinese cheap things which are now a permanent fixture thanks to someone butchering the uber rare red leather headrests to fit em.... :rolleyes:

God knows where they stuffed the source for the screens, or how well the wiring was done.

Aftermarket screens are my pet hate. Its a license for people to completely wreck an interior to 'improve it'. Followed shortly by parrots and other handsfree devices wedged into places they shouldn't belong.

Whilst 1 in 10 might make a reasonable job, you can tell the other 90% were hacked in DIY at home.... :(

Rant over. I feel better now... +++

tintin 22nd November 2016 01:35 PM

Brrrgh....made me shiver just looking at it. Makes me want to call the Audi equivalent of the RSPCA, except there isn't one.

Also, the only photo I've ever seen of an FE red interior that made the leather look dull.

MikkiJayne 22nd November 2016 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IT (Post 120061)
They're not Audi kit, so are likely some crappy Chinese cheap things which are now a permanent fixture thanks to someone butchering the uber rare red leather headrests to fit em.... :rolleyes:

Ah. Shame. Still, at least the head rests could be replaced with dyed cream or grey ones if they are hacked up.

I'm assuming its a cam belt snapped case for them to be so direct about needing a new engine, but I've asked for more info via ebay. I wonder if this engine could be repaired with bits from my old one, leaving enough parts left over to fix yours...?

Not that I need another one. Or ever want to rebuild one again. Or have space. Or that I'm a sucker for punishment :rolleyes:

MikkiJayne 22nd November 2016 02:09 PM

Hang on... auto wipers and auto lights? :Confused:

Wipers maybe as there's a retrofit from some VW models which is possible. although extremely rare. Not convinced about auto lights though.

HPsauce 22nd November 2016 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikkiJayne (Post 120064)
Hang on... auto wipers and auto lights? :Confused:

I read that and thought....:ROFL:

IT 22nd November 2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikkiJayne (Post 120063)

I'm assuming its a cam belt snapped case for them to be so direct about needing a new engine, but I've asked for more info via ebay. I wonder if this engine could be repaired with bits from my old one, leaving enough parts left over to fix yours...?

Don't know. I am curious though. The V8's I had until very recently considered to be fairly bullet proof, but maybe that's because the gearbox always acted like a fuse going long before the engine would.... :p

I can't make my mind up about the rear off side wheel. Why was it clearly replaced for the unpainted spare. Why does it not look to be sat just quite right. Has it had a knock as well ?.... Hmmm.

The Fe's are getting rarer, especially unmolested ones. Returning this to tintin levels of perfection would be immensely satisfying, but hard work. If you think finding a boot cover panel is tough, try finding spare red bits for that interior ;)