A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Owners Meets (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Audi factory trip (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3072)

Singh 1st June 2011 09:02 PM

Audi factory trip

Would anyone be interested in a trip to the birthplace of our cars? I know the ring trips are popular but for people that don't like to track their cars, this could be a cool alternative? The factory tour is supposed to be really cool we get to see a car being built from start to finish and there is a museum etc... Our cars were built in Neckarsulm but I think the big museum mobile is in Ingolstadt. We could meet the German members there too? Just an idea at the moment, but I have a few contacts within Audi AG and UK that could sort something along the lines of a UK guided tour for us? A picture of several of our cars parked outside the factory they were built in would be awesome. Register your interest and we can get the ball rolling for 2012...

Conan_the_Librarian 1st June 2011 09:04 PM

I'm in. +++

tonupkid 1st June 2011 10:27 PM

I'm deffo up for this

Architex_mA8tey 1st June 2011 10:40 PM

Me too but cant we combine the trip to the ring plus Nekarsulm AND Inglstadt all in one trip and just extend it a bit? then we can go to the Owners meet and do all that :D

darrenjoe90 2nd June 2011 04:40 AM

count me in+++

billblank 2nd June 2011 08:21 AM

That sounds fun, usual disclaimer about coinciding with school holidays, whims of SWMBO, not having any money, outstanding warrant in Hamburg etc.

The_Laird 2nd June 2011 08:44 AM

Amar, what a cool idea! It's a hell of a long way from bonnie jockland, but I'm interested none-the-less. Just the thought of a photo in front of the factory sounds like a good reason to go.

Now, I could stay with my brother in Stafford, meet up with you guys for the trip, see my sister in Norwich on the way back....

....can't promise, but keep me on the very interested list

IT 2nd June 2011 09:18 AM

It is totally worth the trip, the museum houses the original all aluminium D2 that was made for the Japan motor show for its debut.

The factory tour is absolutely amazing. You go from watching pieces of rolled up steel get squashed and mangled into body parts before eventually becoming a fully working motor at the end of it, a good kilometer of factory floor away.

If you've never done it, do it, its absolutely amazing to watch the people putting the cars together +++

Ingolstadt has the museum, and also the customer collection facility where people can opt to go and collect their new car in person. Its amazing how every 5 minutes a new owner drives away with their new pride and joy. The A8, A6, R8 and RS models arent made there though, they're at neckarsulm..

The_Laird 2nd June 2011 11:03 AM

Just trying to frame this into a conversation to SWMBO. All suggestions welcome!

Architex_mA8tey 2nd June 2011 11:26 AM

"I hear Germany is good for shopping this year dear!" is always a good start :D