A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Parking brake trouble (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14063)

peiiider 18th April 2018 06:38 AM

Parking brake trouble

So... On sunday when I got in my car, it looked like the whole world lit up in the instruments. All brake warning lights and beeps you could imagine.

I noticed the parking brake didn’t disengage, read fault codes which turned up as 0432 left motor supply electrical circuit fault.

Got the car trailered to my garage, took the motor off and opened the parking brake «screw», it moved freely. I connected the motor over on the right side, but got no fault codes there. So I guess the motor itself is OK ? When I disconnected the motor from the left side I also got 02432 Open circuit fault.

Then I measured the 4 wires out to the caliper, all are ok.

Is this a broken ECU ? I have ordered a used one from Germany, but thought I should ask the experts for other tips :)

snapdragon 18th April 2018 07:14 AM

Above the battery there is a small fuse board. 2 of the fuses of maybe 20a or 30a are for the EPB high current circuits, one is for left and one is for right. There are two 12V supplies into to EPB ECU for the motors, one for left, one for right, as well as a lower current 12V for the electronics/control side - check these 2 fuses.

peiiider 18th April 2018 07:16 AM

Yes, those two 30A fuses were checked :)

snapdragon 18th April 2018 08:46 PM

Rosstech website says Terminal 30 reset which proabably easiest to disconnect the battery. After that you are in the realms of checking the wiring and replacing the EPB ECU :mad:

peiiider 18th April 2018 10:18 PM

Terminal 30 reset was done when I removed the battery to get access to the ecu... That didn`t help either. So for now I`m stuck with the annoying beeeeeeep for 1 minute every time i come to a stop while driving I guess :mad:

paulrstaylor 19th April 2018 06:08 AM

Also worth mentioning, replacing the ecu used may be folly. I tried two “working” ones on eBay, both failed quickly leaving me high and dry. Bought a new part, flawless! Cost wasn’t cheap, but a couple of hundred was well worthwhile to know it wasn’t going to leave me needing a tow +++

Edited to say, the beep can be resolved short term, take the handbrake off and pull those fuses..... no handbrake, but also no beep!

peiiider 20th April 2018 06:03 PM

All...4 fuses was it ? Or just the two 30A in the back ?

paulrstaylor 20th April 2018 06:18 PM

From memory, think it was one or both of the back ones +++

peiiider 22nd April 2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulrstaylor (Post 140535)
From memory, think it was one or both of the back ones +++

Thanks for the tip, it helped alot :):)

paulrstaylor 22nd April 2018 11:01 AM

+++