A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Car or Bike as choice of transport? (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16212)

tintin 13th April 2021 12:43 PM

Car or Bike as choice of transport?

2 Attachment(s)
Sometimes the former is the safer bet :-(

strummagnet 13th April 2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 164423)
Sometimes the former is the safer bet :-(

Nasty. No seat back, Dr Dre, right hand resting, gangsta driving for a while..:cool:

Adrian E 13th April 2021 03:52 PM

Oh dear, how did you manage that? Presume some stellar attempt at style points over a jump, or something slightly more mundane?!

I managed to crash my bike last week - still sporting the black bruises on my thigh and arm! Luckily didn't break anything - my bike riding will cease for the foreseeable future as having a picc line fitted on Thursday :rolleyes:

tintin 13th April 2021 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strummagnet (Post 164425)
Nasty. No seat back, Dr Dre, right hand resting, gangsta driving for a while..:cool:

A bit like normal then :ROFL:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian E (Post 164426)
Oh dear, how did you manage that? Presume some stellar attempt at style points over a jump, or something slightly more mundane?!

I managed to crash my bike last week - still sporting the black bruises on my thigh and arm! Luckily didn't break anything - my bike riding will cease for the foreseeable future as having a picc line fitted on Thursday :rolleyes:

Downhill forest track with a muddy bit at the bottom which the bike baulked at, (bit like a horse would have), so we parted company then. Bad call by the rider, but minor in comparison, by the sounds of it, so hope that all goes ok for you.

HPsauce 13th April 2021 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian E (Post 164426)
having a picc line fitted on Thursday :rolleyes:

I hope the treatment works Adrian.

tc4332 14th April 2021 12:29 AM

Take care Adrian.
Thinking of you.

Adrian E 14th April 2021 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 164432)
Downhill forest track with a muddy bit at the bottom which the bike baulked at, (bit like a horse would have), so we parted company then. Bad call by the rider, but minor in comparison, by the sounds of it, so hope that all goes ok for you.

Judging by the picture it's a 26" wheel bike and no dropper post? Much the same as my now 'winter' bike, which I bought new in 2004. It's incredibly sketchy to ride compared to modern stuff with bigger wheels/fatter tyres, and a dropper post just means you can get the saddle out of the way for the downhills where you want your weight as far back as possible. I actually get more of a workout on the old bike compared to my 2016 full sus carbon framed bike, but don't feel like I'm taking my life in my hands to quite the same extent on ruts etc. Doesn't stop you falling off, as my experience last week demonstrated lol

Apols for derailing the thread with my comment on picc line - I'm having another 3 months of chemo starting next week, before another surgery, so been getting out on the bike as much as possible while I can. Thanks for the good wishes folks, and hope the wrist is easily sorted +++

tonupkid 14th April 2021 10:28 PM

Good luck and best wishes Adrian