A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Audi s8 genuine Avus 18” wheels what price🤷🏻*♂️ (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15978)

v8quattro42 20th November 2020 06:30 AM

Audi s8 genuine Avus 18” wheels what price🤷🏻*♂️

3 Attachment(s)
Hi guys

How much realistically I can revive for set of perfect condition S8 18” Avus wheels with brand new tyres Goodyear asymmetric3. Alloys was recently powder coated outside for anthracite grey and black inside.

I don’t have a lot of photos but there is some.

Maybe someone is interested to buy them from me ?

tintin 20th November 2020 07:29 AM

They're a nice set: however, given the current state of the market generally (and also that a number of people on here have just bought new 20" rims), I'd say around £400/450 would be a maximum: I bought a set of these rims for £200 and had them refurbed for <£200 (about 2 years ago in a stronger market...), and tyres aren't worth much second-hand sadly, even if they're mint.

I hope this helps, others may come along with more optimistic views.....

v8quattro42 20th November 2020 07:34 AM

Thanks for your point of view.
Just one think tyres are brand new not second hand. This wheels never was on a car after refurb and new tyres was fitted.

Thanks

HPsauce 20th November 2020 08:06 AM

I'd probably come up with a similar figure to Tintin, though as they're not a "standard" colour (or one I personally favour) that might lower the value.

There are owners of smaller Audis who like these wheels too, though they generally fit lower profile tyres, so I'd sell them separately.
And the original pre-facelift versions are usually more desirable.

The_Laird 20th November 2020 01:40 PM

I’d definitely sell them separately. There are folk here that run their ‘8s on these wheels and might be interested in just the tyres. And, as stated above, the wheels might have a broader appeal to other Audi models.

ainarssems 20th November 2020 08:58 PM

I am normally cheap but I think they are worth a bit more than the suggested £400 if the tyres are unused and alloys freshly refurbished but I do agree that it's probably better to sell wheels and tyres separately. With the tyre size for S8 market is pretty limited and not everyone will be a fan of not OEM colour. But somebody who already has the wheels could be interested in tyres and somebody else could be interested in just the wheels for fitting on different vehicle with different size tyres.

I think these tyres are about £120 each new but you will never get that money back, maybe £300 for the set, £350 if you are lucky and prepared to wait.

With the colour of wheels it's hard to say, somebody who likes it might pay extra and you could get £400 or maybe even more but like I said it's a limited marked so you could be in for a long wait or to sell quickly I think they would need to be more like £200-250 for someone who is not a fan of colour or maybe £250-300 for someone who does not care much about colour.

To sum it up as a full set wheels + tyres £500-600, separately maybe £600-700.

v8quattro42 21st November 2020 09:13 AM

Thanks guys for you answers and advise
I will try them advertise on eBay for £650 and we will see what’s gonna happen.

All best

tonupkid 21st November 2020 09:14 AM

I'd market them in the VW camper van universe. And, yes, give buyers the option of buying both, tyres and wheels, together or just the tyres or just the wheels

vagdream 21st November 2020 04:26 PM

Good call to consider the camper market, but it is only VW Transporter T4 that uses 5x112, the T5 and T6 are both 5x120 fitment.

tonupkid 21st November 2020 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vagdream (Post 161132)
Good call to consider the camper market, but it is only VW Transporter T4 that uses 5x112, the T5 and T6 are both 5x120 fitment.

I don't know. I have a set of D3 S8 20" wheels to sell and noticed that most VW campers are rolling on Audi wheels. So that seemed the best place to pitch them