A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Owners Meets (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Christmas Meet 2016 - Register Your Interest NOW! (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12363)

Architex_mA8tey 27th November 2016 07:15 PM

Christmas Meet 2016 - Register Your Interest NOW!

Hi all. I know that we all have much going on over Xmas and New Year but we normally try to have a Xmas meet up sometime between Christmas and New Year and I would like to gauge how many of you are interested in this -

We have often met at the Leopard Inn near the M40 at Leamington Spa but have also met at Stoke on Trent in the past. Dependant on who would like to commit to come, and from where they are coming, and how many cars will be coming in total, then I'll arrange a day / venue to suit

Can you please all list your intentions on this thread - I need to know where you are coming from, how many people (adults and kids) are coming, and how afar you'd be prepared to travel to come to a meet. Preferences for dates also taken but I'm already committed on and therefore can't do Thursday 29th due to working

Thanks all and hope to see as many of you as possible!
+++

tintin 27th November 2016 07:35 PM

In principle, yes, and preference for Stoke (can't think why ;) ). Like lots of others, it depends on family stuff, which I won't know till sometime mid-December tho'...hope that helps - if not much!;)

HPsauce 27th November 2016 08:13 PM

Yes, hope we (me and SWMBO) can make it, as ever it depends on family plans which are far from clear at present.
We expect to have 11 people in our house over Xmas so an "escape" may be welcome.
Stoke would probably be a tad too far though....
Dates, I'd say the later the better, though I have already pencilled Wednesday 28th in the diary for The Leopard.
Thursday is 29th Neil! ;) Which are you booked for?

briang9 27th November 2016 09:10 PM

I know it's not strictly in the Christmas period, but might I suggest the first weekend in January?... travelling in that week between Xmas and New Year is horrible, cant remember how long it took us, but when we came to the Stoke meet (2012?) it took us ages to get there and back, seem to recall it was around 7 hours each way, the stretch south of junctions 20/21 on the M6 were just gridlocked. Picking that weekend would also solve any family related obligations around Xmas as well I guess. I would be happy with either venue, but I rather enjoyed the Trentham Gardens location+++

Architex_mA8tey 28th November 2016 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briang9 (Post 120398)
I know it's not strictly in the Christmas period, but might I suggest the first weekend in January?... travelling in that week between Xmas and New Year is horrible, cant remember how long it took us, but when we came to the Stoke meet (2012?) it took us ages to get there and back, seem to recall it was around 7 hours each way, the stretch south of junctions 20/21 on the M6 were just gridlocked. Picking that weekend would also solve any family related obligations around Xmas as well I guess. I would be happy with either venue, but I rather enjoyed the Trentham Gardens location+++

I agree with much of what you say Brian and understand but most people are back at work the first week in January so numbers would then be vastly reduced unless it is on say a Sunday - what do others think?

Conan_the_Librarian 28th November 2016 03:57 PM

Count me in. I should have enough confidence in my new Rat 8 by then. 2nd and 3rd are Bank Holidays next year!
I'll travel north as far as stoke and east as far as reading.

I have a family dinner between Xmas and NY but that's a moveable feast! Look a pun........

tc4332 28th November 2016 04:04 PM

Mine will have to be similiar to Steve (tintin).
Will hopefully be two but can only commit neare the time.

sarg 29th November 2016 07:42 AM

Coming if it's late December, January unlikely.

Prefer Warwick for convenience 😀

Unlikely to be in an Audi though, sorry, despite efforts to buy one nothing suitable has come up yet

1781cc 29th November 2016 08:06 AM

Late December for me too - Warwick its a preference also, Stoke is too far for me

tintin 29th November 2016 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarg (Post 120495)
Coming if it's late December, January unlikely.

Prefer Warwick for convenience 😀

Unlikely to be in an Audi though, sorry, despite efforts to buy one nothing suitable has come up yet

Does that mean I can come in the Tesla then? ;)