A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Motormouth (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   MOT test day (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1475)

darrenjoe90 19th January 2010 03:47 PM

MOT test day

so today was the big day for the mot test.
went to bradford audi yesterday with my spare key and told them i would drop the s8 off with them about 5.30am on my way to work. thats fine they said, we will ring you tomorrow if there is any problems.
so dropped the car off and went to work. all the time dredding the phone call from the main stealer as to how much they can find to charge me. for a few weeks now i have had an engine managment light showing so i assumed there would be a problem with emmisions or a lamba sensor or two.
waited until lunch time nervously for the phone call but nothing. as time went on i kept telling myself that no news is good news. it got to around 2pm and i could wait no longer, i had to find out how my car was doing. opened my phone and it was flat, i had no charge in it at all, i had no charger with me at work but i did have a mobile charger in my works van. put the phone on charge on the way back from work and decided just to drive straight to bradford audi and face the news.
so gets to bradford audi about 3.30pm told them who i was and said i was here to collect my audi s8 after having an mot. the nice young lady in the service department asked me to take a seat while she finds my paperwork. she came with some papers and said my car has passed the mot and she will just print the invoice for me. as she was waiting for it to print she pointed out a few things. the engine managment light was on so we have cleared the faults and taken the car for a test run and the faults have not come back, we have done a visual inspection on your car and eveything was ok, we have washed and vacumed your car and it is now ready for you in our indoor collection area. She then passed me the invoice and said here you are sir.
The total bill was £0.00

it was about time i had a good day +++

IT 19th January 2010 04:20 PM

Thats a result +++

Like you say, its about time something went right for your motor....

thebluewhale 19th January 2010 04:53 PM

Mate,

Nice result!

Don't you love that feeling of getting something for nothing and nothing wrong with the car either!

PsYcHe 19th January 2010 05:09 PM

Nice result! So was that free MOT too?

Conan_the_Librarian 19th January 2010 05:15 PM

What a bargain, excellent news.

darrenjoe90 19th January 2010 05:41 PM

yes the mot was free also.

CliveH 19th January 2010 10:42 PM

Great story Darren and an excellent result! +++

Mr K 17th February 2010 04:30 PM

Great Result!

What that on the free MOT scheme that they do? ive just filled out the forms on the audi website to claim my free mot. was concerned they where going to find another way to charge me when i get there....

CliveH 17th February 2010 04:39 PM

I thought the same but it seems that there really isnt a catch to the Audi free MOT deal!

I see that they also offer another option which is to pay your £50 and in the event that it fails, they will cover up to £750 of costs to get it through the MOT.

darrenjoe90 17th February 2010 06:00 PM

the scheme to pay 50 quid did not apply to mine. your car has to be less than 7 years old and also done less than 100,000 miles. but the bad part is that you pay now for the mot and they cover it for next years mot not this year.