A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Bose or B&O (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14388)

AndyC 11th August 2018 03:22 PM

Bose or B&O

Guys

i have a S8 with B&O system... its not bad.....

but the car may have to go back as its got big issues.

there are more cars out there with BOSE

which sounds better??

Norretal 11th August 2018 06:46 PM

I've had a D2 with Bose and now have a D3 with B&O, there is no comparison. The D3 Bose may have improved from the D2 version but there's a reason the B&O system was a £4K+ option.

I was always happy with the Bose system during the 9 years I owned the car, but the B&O in the D3 is in a class of it's own. The clarity and quality is better than anything I've heard in a car before, even friends who have installed aftermarket systems have commented that it's excellent.

It wouldn't be a deal clincher if I loved the prospective new car but I'd always prefer it +++

IT 12th August 2018 08:16 AM

A lot of D3 b&o speakers fail over time. Center dash and front door bass speakers particularly.

If you're not amazed by it, or if you're getting flutter or unwanted resonance you probably have faulty speakers.

An S8 without B&o is a very undesirable S8 so make sure it's cheap.

AndyC 12th August 2018 03:28 PM

Looking to maybe take mine back the the dealer as it had undisclosed accident damage, so looking for another REALLY

homer simpson 12th August 2018 03:47 PM

If the car has been repaired properly and it has everything that you want then maybe get some cash back from them?

Finding your perfect 2nd hand S8 is not that easy, some specs in certain combos are few and far between

sarg 12th August 2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IT (Post 144335)
An S8 without B&o is a very undesirable S8 so make sure it's cheap.

I agree to an extent, but to me, mileage condition history and provenance are more important than a couple of optional extras

AndyC 13th August 2018 12:04 PM

found one with full Audi history and £1000's in Audi receipts for service and parts..

mileage is a little higher but sensible repairs.

IT 14th August 2018 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarg (Post 144343)
I agree to an extent, but to me, mileage condition history and provenance are more important than a couple of optional extras

These are important also of course.

But for some reason the D3 S8 is the only car I can recall where B&O is sort of expected, and it does therefore make the bose ones harder to shift to the small target audience who aren’t so bothered (i.e. you ;-) )

AndyC 15th August 2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IT (Post 144371)
These are important also of course.

But for some reason the D3 S8 is the only car I can recall where B&O is sort of expected, and it does therefore make the bose ones harder to shift to the small target audience who aren’t so bothered (i.e. you ;-) )

I had 2 cars next to each other.

one with Bose one with B&O

agreed the B&O does have some levels of clarity over the Bose, but honestly i dont think its worth the massive price hike over the Bose.

I found i could drive the Bose harder for the more base style music...

Architex_mA8tey 16th August 2018 09:14 AM

2 cars the same or different models because both the bose and B&O can be different specs for each level of so comparing a bose A8 to a B&O A4 for example isnt going to be an objective comparison. . . .