A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Spotless (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   It's what they're for... (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14122)

Norretal 7th May 2018 10:58 PM

It's what they're for...

1 Attachment(s)
Bank holidays that is...

As we were blessed with great weather all weekend I took the opportunity to do something with the 8 that I've been meaning to do for a while. I removed all wheels in turn, jet washed each wheel arch (filthy!!) and painted the discs and callipers, cleaned and polished the inner wheels....took a good few hours but time well spent +++

I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd consider it so? :)

Architex_mA8tey 8th May 2018 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norretal (Post 141183)
Bank holidays that is...

As we were blessed with great weather all weekend I took the opportunity to do something with the 8 that I've been meaning to do for a while. I removed all wheels in turn, jet washed each wheel arch (filthy!!) and painted the discs and callipers, cleaned and polished the inner wheels....took a good few hours but time well spent +++

Thats time well spent, and now you know they are clean inside = tranquil chi and calm OCD :D +++

Conan_the_Librarian 8th May 2018 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 141184)
Thats time well spent, and now you know they are clean inside = tranquil chi and calm OCD :D +++

Sorry, have to correct you. It's CDO not OCD, get the letters in the right order PLEASE!

tintin 8th May 2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan_the_Librarian (Post 141185)
Sorry, have to correct you. It's CDO not OCD, get the letters in the right order PLEASE!

Ah! - but shouldn't that be a hyphen rather than a comma after the OCD TLA in your second sentence Mike? And who's doing the correcting? :D

Lee S 8th May 2018 03:47 PM

So that's the "before" pic... But where's the "after" pic ?

:ROFL::ROFL:

Conan_the_Librarian 8th May 2018 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 141192)
Ah! - but shouldn't that be a hyphen rather than a comma after the OCD TLA in your second sentence Mike? And who's doing the correcting? :D

+++

The_Laird 9th May 2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norretal (Post 141183)
Bank holidays that is...

I really hope that you didn't paint the discs!

Norretal 9th May 2018 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Laird (Post 141242)
I really hope that you didn't paint the discs!

You know what I meant Jim, the "non contact" areas then, better? :)

MikkiJayne 10th May 2018 07:28 AM

New Pagid discs now come completely painted. The pads wear the paint off the friction surface as they bed in +++

IIRC I put a set of four on Big Red so it'll be interesting to see how they are doing six months on :)

Norretal 10th May 2018 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikkiJayne (Post 141255)
New Pagid discs now come completely painted. The pads wear the paint off the friction surface as they bed in +++

IIRC I put a set of four on Big Red so it'll be interesting to see how they are doing six months on :)

My ATE discs were fully painted too +++