A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D2 - Everything else (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Another 13 months of MOT (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13321)

HPsauce 15th August 2017 10:21 AM

Another 13 months of MOT

Immaculately timed, totally clear, valid up to 7th September 2018. +++

David's8 15th August 2017 11:40 AM

+++ Good to hear, Andrew.

tintin 15th August 2017 02:51 PM

I think that's a few of us with D2 S8s that have recently sailed through MOTs without advisories - testament to the quality of the vehicle and - of course - the high standards of maintenance ;)

moltuae 15th August 2017 04:56 PM

Nice one Andrew +++

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 131563)
I think that's a few of us with D2 S8s that have recently sailed through MOTs without advisories - testament to the quality of the vehicle and - of course - the high standards of maintenance ;)

I hate being without my S8, so when it has to go into the garage for anything I give them a long list of jobs and things to check in an attempt to get everything done at the same time and also to pre-empt any potential issues. Sometimes it even gets an oil change when the oil is just a couple of thousand miles old, just so that it doesn't have to go in again for a while. I tell them to check it over and if they spot any potential issue -- anything at all -- to fix it. As a result it rarely even gets an advisory these days, though it helps that the garages I use also do the MOT. They know the car so well that they're really just going through the motions when it comes to the MOT.

With all the work I've had done in the last year (including a new front subframe, power steering hoses, a major service, the dreaded 'oil cooler pipe' and a gearbox rebuild), I spent so much on the damn thing that even my accountant made a comment about my "beloved S8" when doing my tax returns recently! :ROFL:

The good news is that he tells me, because most of my mileage in the vehicle is business related, I can claim 95% of the maintenance cost against tax .... so the nice taxman is helping to keep this S8 on the road +++

briang9 18th August 2017 05:38 PM

Another 13 months for me today too+++

David's8 18th August 2017 06:26 PM

+++ Well done Brian - but what about your car?

tintin 18th August 2017 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 131631)
+++ Well done Brian - but what about your car?

Beat me to it David, though I think Brian would have at least a couple of advisories...

The_Laird 18th August 2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 131634)
Beat me to it David, though I think Brian would have at least a couple of advisories...

Yep, I've heard Edith giving a few advisories to Brian! ;)

My S8 sailed through its MOT last month with no advisories too but, as some of you may have noticed, I'm a bit preoccupied with new house and new pension stuff to be a frequent poster here at the moment. But, in the words of some terrible actor and politician, "I'll be back". :)

briang9 18th August 2017 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 131634)

Only a couple....:ROFL: