A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Off for a trip.... (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6685)

Night Train 15th July 2013 11:48 AM

Off for a trip....

Well, I'm off for a blast down the M4, M25 & M1 in a couple of hours to pick up the GF from the airport, so if anyone's about, keep your eyes open down the M4 corridor for my trusty steed cruising along :)

Climate control is just so cool (excuse the pun) :)

David's8 15th July 2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Train (Post 59547)

and, if you allow SWMBO to use the controls, she can have her own little micro-climate going on. Mine, who feels the cold badly often has the seat heating on too whilst I have my side at a significantly cooler temperature. A meteorological "coldfront/hotfront" situation frequently occurs midway between the front seats leading to "occasional thunderstorms, frost later" :ROFL:.

Architex_mA8tey 15th July 2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 59548)
A meteorological "coldfront/hotfront" situation frequently occurs midway between the front seats leading to "occasional thunderstorms, frost later" :ROFL:.

Mine also occurs if SWMBO is in the car but I get that in between the front seats without the climate on!!! :ROFL:

Architex_mA8tey 15th July 2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Well, I'm off for a blast down the M4, M25 & M1 in a couple of hours to pick up the GF from the airport, so if anyone's about, keep your eyes open down the M4 corridor for my trusty steed cruising along :)

if you need a coffee break near M4 J16 then let me know and I'll go put the kettle on at the workshop! +++

Dezzy 15th July 2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 59548)
A meteorological "coldfront/hotfront" situation frequently occurs midway between the front seats leading to "occasional thunderstorms, frost later" :ROFL:.

Brilliant :ROFL:

tintin 15th July 2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

...especially when combined with a solar sunroof in this lovely summer weather. My black s8 reaches the right temperature well within a minute, rather than taking a lot longer. So glad I had this retrofitted (and thanks again to Ian for fitting it for me +++)

sarg 17th July 2013 09:11 PM

call that a trip? Me and the M3 are currently in Estonia, story and photos to follow in a couple of weeks +++

HPsauce 17th July 2013 09:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarg (Post 59674)
call that a trip?

I've just taken my S8 to Eastbourne for a few days............... :Confused:

It just sat in the car park as this was in the hotel garden and pretty much at bath temperature!
In fact it's only "outing" was to this rather lovely pub.

The_Laird 18th July 2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarg (Post 59674)
call that a trip? Me and the M3 are currently in Estonia, story and photos to follow in a couple of weeks +++

Can he mention that car here? :D

Amanda 18th July 2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Laird (Post 59678)
Can he mention that car here? :D

And what's wrong with a ghay hairdressers car????? ........I have one too ;):p