A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D2 - Interior (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Boot lid inner trim removal (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9016)

Lloyd 29th October 2014 10:48 AM

Boot lid inner trim removal

Any tips on getting this off with out wrecking it as my boot light has fell inside

HPsauce 29th October 2014 10:51 AM

It's dead easy, takes 5 minutes. :D
Take the warning triangle out and remove the fixings holding the mounting clip.
Remove the screws inside the pull handle. Take off the rear lights access panels.
Work round the edge taking out all the felt-covered screws.

It's then just hanging on a few clips and will just just pull off. IIRC there are two clips in the centre that are bigger and stronger and need care to realign when refitting.

HPsauce 29th October 2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lloyd (Post 83549)
my boot light has fell inside

Just reread this, what light, there are none inside the lid? :Confused:

roboblob 29th October 2014 11:20 AM

number plate light ?

The_Laird 29th October 2014 01:01 PM

The light just on the inside left of the boot lip can fall inside.

You need to remove the bolts behind the luggage net 'eyes' and, possibly, one of the 'hockey stick' side trims that are secured by 2 of those 2-piece plastic fasteners (pull out the centre part first to remove the outer part). Then just pull - there are clips, but they'll give OK.

roboblob 29th October 2014 01:40 PM

I need to learn to read properly too :D
its been a long day

Lloyd 30th October 2014 08:36 AM

It's a PF car and occasionally when I open the boot there is a light shining through a slit that looks like it may have been the boot light but now that I think about it I think it's the rear lights shining through said slit it as its smack bang where the warning triangle would be ( no excuse for this much stupidity and I'm not even blonde although my missus is , does that count)

johnny_quattro 26th February 2019 12:43 PM

Resurrecting old thread once more...

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 83550)
It's dead easy, takes 5 minutes. :D
Take the warning triangle out and remove the fixings holding the mounting clip.
Remove the screws inside the pull handle. Take off the rear lights access panels.
Work round the edge taking out all the felt-covered screws.

It's then just hanging on a few clips and will just just pull off. IIRC there are two clips in the centre that are bigger and stronger and need care to realign when refitting.

I've just managed to break the OSR number plate light housing as one of the bolts is stuck and is just turning in its housing. This is probably all due to excess water rusting up the bolts for the number plate lights in my boot which I think I've now fixed with Sugru.

Thanks Andrew (HPsauce) for this nugget of info. I'm going to need to take off the boot lid inner lining to fix/repair.