A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Cars (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   2002 S8 D2 for sale. (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17203)

GrahamR 5th April 2024 05:19 PM

2002 S8 D2 for sale.

5 Attachment(s)
It is with much sadness that I post this.
My partner has decided to sell her 2002 S8 D2, which she has had for the last 23 years! Yes she is only the second owner!!
This is primarily due to the fact that the car needs money spent on her.
There are few things wrong with her, that can be explained in greater detail should you be interested. One is the coolant leak, which is believed to be the radiator: however I have purchased a brand new rad (which is still in its box!) from Germany.
She is pale blue with a grey (swing) interior, which I will say is in a condition befitting a car of her age and stature, after all she was used as a family car!!
It would be a shame to just scrap her, when I'm sure someone on here could give her the attention she needs.
I have no idea of her current value, so sensible offers considered.
By the way we are in north Essex.
If you would like to know more, please feel free to message me.Attachment 30187

Attachment 30188

Attachment 30189

Attachment 30190

Attachment 30191

steamship 5th April 2024 05:58 PM

It would help prospective buyers if you provided more information about the car upfront. Immediate ones that come to mind are mileage, service history and transmission history (serviced/rebuilt?). GLWS.

GrahamR 6th April 2024 03:25 PM

Extra to first post.

Further to my first post.

She has approx 135,000 miles on her.
I have about 90% of her service history and the transmission has been rebuilt once about 9 or 10 years ago by a company on Canvey Island.

sarg 8th April 2024 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steamship (Post 174866)
It would help prospective buyers if you provided more information about the car upfront. Immediate ones that come to mind are mileage, service history and transmission history (serviced/rebuilt?). GLWS.

And a definition of 'sensible' offers

Personally I'd want to know more about the coolant leak too, having just gone through all this, and the associated total non-availability of parts, with mine. I wouldn't mine betting it's that same pipe rusted through as both steamship and I have experienced

GrahamR 8th April 2024 03:11 PM

As far as I am aware, and according to my local garage. It was only the radiator leaking hence the new one from Germany. However it may or may not have more leaks!!

tintin 8th April 2024 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steamship (Post 174866)

This is a good example of an (old!) ad on here that covers pretty much all the main bases - including good quality photos - which saves people on here asking lots of specific, but basic, questions, so might be worth looking at as reference:

https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13621

steamship 8th April 2024 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarg (Post 174878)
Personally I'd want to know more about the coolant leak too

Never even spotted that. I had a coolant leak from somewhere for ages before I found it was from the very top corner of the radiator, and eventually replaced it last year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarg (Post 174878)
I wouldn't mine betting it's that same pipe rusted through as both steamship and I have experienced

Oh, that's a painful one to mention one year on for me, and look what that led to for me! ;)

MrOz 27th April 2024 11:55 AM

Pm sent

donp38 28th April 2024 11:26 AM

Oh.
Interested in this if still available.
PM sent

GrahamR 6th May 2024 02:16 PM

Sold

Vehicle now sold.