A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   A8 / S8 Generic Posts (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   What made you.. (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1044)

Singh 8th July 2009 06:15 PM

What made you..

Buy your A8/S8?

Well my love of the D2 started when I was young. Infact, when I was in year 9/10 so 15/16 years old. The silver A8 4.2 qs in my sig had been sitting around unused at home for way over a year, so I used to take the spare key to school with me. Then sneak out with my mates back home during lunchtime as fast as our bikes would carry us, now noone was at home, so it was easy. We must have took it out about 20 times for good long drives, even parked it up at school after lunch went to lessons, and drove it home at the end of the day. :ROFL:
Everyone in school knew us for it and all drooled over the 'BAJIT' . I used to love it when they asked 'What engine is it?' and I could reply '4.2' the looks on the faces..

I was stupid back then, but never got caught by parents/teachers/police ever! Its scary thinking back what could have happened. :o

Conan_the_Librarian 8th July 2009 06:42 PM

No Comment :mad:

E.L.M.O 8th July 2009 07:13 PM

The best value for money around! (excluding parts!)

What other car for the price would give you such a well spec'ed, motor? Not to mention performance, handling and such a comfortable ride.

Edit: Cant believe I almost bought a Vauxhall Omega Elite!
http://www.dane101.com/files/SickSmileyFace.gif
At the time, the elites seemed like the deal of the century. an Elite cost £30k brand new.... and a 6yr old one cost under a grand. I mostly had company cars for the best part of 10yrs with the exception of buying classic minis, and most of the company cars were vauxhalls so I was tempted. This is the first job in 10yrs where I dont get a company car. But we do get company car entitlement in our wages every month. I think its just over £200. I first discovered the 8s because of the elite, I thought the 8s might be a bargin for the same reason the elites were. (too expensive to run) I had no idea they were as cheap as they were though!

PsYcHe 8th July 2009 08:00 PM

I wasn't looking for one when I went to buy my first car in years (company cars).

Was looking at A6/S6/Phaeton and decided to have a look at A8s for a laugh and couldn't believe the prices for the spec. Saw one local on ebay, took a test drive and fell in love...

Ooh.. Though I did look at Omegas for a bit.. My dad had one and I quite liked it, my brother had a Carlton which I liked (many years ago).. Almost bought an Aplina B12? (V12 BMW 7-series) with LPG (R Plate), but decided that it was just too boxy and basic inside.. though would have went like the proverbial.

CliveH 8th July 2009 08:12 PM

Ditto

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan_the_Librarian (Post 5803)

:tuttut:

PsYcHe 8th July 2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan_the_Librarian (Post 5803)

Naughty boy...:tuttut::tuttut::tuttut:

tonupkid 8th July 2009 09:29 PM

Because

Christmas last, in pub with a couple of mates, working our way round the range of great ales and the inevitable question came up. 'What's the best bang for your bucks'.
Went through all the usual suspects M's (maybe), AMG's (nah), GTR (how to find a straight one, Porsche (all the air cooled are pricey). Then the whole thing turned on me. Seems driving a Sexlus LS400 made me an obvious target. I revisited an old possibility and aired the S8, was told no, I should go for an XJR Blah Blah Blah. Well I discovered a rich seam of reasons why the S8 is so much better than the XJR. I won the argument and it appears convinced myself.
Very next morning I woke up thinking 'check these out'. Onto the net and what a pleasant suprise.... Then I discovered how many BHP per tonne! It took me a couple of months to sort one, an I ain't stopped grinning since.

Mkoneman 8th July 2009 09:34 PM

because i can fit 2 bodys in the boot.....

PsYcHe 8th July 2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mkoneman (Post 5838)
because i can fit 2 bodys in the boot.....

U only kill fat people James?

I reckon I could get 3 no problem, 5 with a good shove and 8 with a cordless reciprocating saw :)

Or are you only prepared to risk the bodily fluids of two getting into the carpet :)

Mkoneman 8th July 2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsYcHe (Post 5840)
U only kill fat people James?

I reckon I could get 3 no problem, 5 with a good shove and 8 with a cordless reciprocating saw :)

Or are you only prepared to risk the bodily fluids of two getting into the carpet :)

hahah yeah the carpets always come 1st in my eyes

i can only drag 2 people along at a time anyway :D