A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Motormouth (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Winter tyres today. (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17136)

HPsauce 28th November 2023 02:39 PM

Winter tyres today.

Anyone else putting on their winter boots? Swapped over from summer FE 20s to my 18" winter wheels and tyres this morning. :cool:

Ronin 28th November 2023 04:02 PM

I have 67db bf Goodrich all seasons wich will get tested soon in proper winter conditions on a trip to Poland.

Adrian E 28th November 2023 04:10 PM

Fitted mine a few weeks ago, before my latest hospital stay…..

tintin 28th November 2023 05:23 PM

I'll probably swap onto my darker finish 20" 9 spokes, which have PA4s, as much to protect/extend the life of my FE summer rims and PS4s, as I don't think the summer compound likes the cold weather :rolleyes:

sarg 28th November 2023 05:31 PM

Haven't taken mine off, D2 has been laid up all year with one issue after another.

The BMW will likely get its winters on this weekend

ainarssems 29th November 2023 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 174260)
Anyone else putting on their winter boots? Swapped over from summer FE 20s to my 18" winter wheels and tyres this morning. :cool:

2 weeks ago on both cars. A bit late this year as it was quite warm for longer, usually do it in October.

HPsauce 29th November 2023 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ainarssems (Post 174268)
usually do it in October.

I discussed that with my tyre man. I've had winter wheels/tyres for a long time and it used to be October but slowly drifted back. Now it's usually early December; there were just several factors that made this week more convenient than either of the next two.

Sit down, Waldo 30th November 2023 11:38 AM

Mine went to the mechanics with the winters on & returned 2 weeks ago with the winters on. In between it came out for the Vorsprung International meet & for a day when my Skoda had it's MOT...the only miles the Summer wheels saw this year. Bridgestone Blizzack's on the Avus wheels for winter. They've been excellent.

HPsauce 21st April 2024 11:58 AM

I used to put the summers back on around Easter, but haven't yet as the weather has been so rubbish. Went out yesterday for a run and it was only 10C during the day!
It's booked in to be on display on the track at the 100th Goodwood Breakfast Club meet in 2 weeks time and the winters might still be on then. Very early start so might even be frosty. :tuttut:

I'll try to make an effort for the June meet though and get the twenties back on. :ROFL:

Had to fill up too yesterday and cruised into our local Tesco. Big signs saying no unleaded and half the diesel pumps were covered up too. Plenty of Momentum though so drove straight up to a pump and extracted over £100 of dinosaur juice from it. Other cars were turning up, looking at the options and driving off again, obviously not desperate as Momentum is only about 7% more expensive and they'll probably spend that driving to the next nearest petrol station which is some distance!

David's8 21st April 2024 03:14 PM

Winter tyre and wheels still on. The air temperature has frequently been below 7deg lately - certainly in the mornings and has only just risen to 10-14deg for the daytime! ill be keeping them on for a few weeks more as ill be getting the summer wheels refurbed in May before the meet. Might as well get some mileage out of the Nokiams as the last MoT 2 weeks ago picked up some cracking around the edge of the tread which i had been monitoring this season. They have plenty of tread left but are getting to around 10 years old. :-(