A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Santa's been - AMI & Bluetooth (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=898)

PsYcHe 29th May 2009 10:27 PM

Santa's been - AMI & Bluetooth

1 Attachment(s)
Woohoo! My AMI and BT Kit arrived today. The pic doesn't show the cables very well due to the 'fun' tablecloth that we have, but does show the two modules.

Due to MMI firmware complications I may not have them both (or either) installed for the meet, but I do promise a fill write-up afterwards!

A8 Doc 1st June 2009 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsYcHe (Post 4553)
Woohoo! My AMI and BT Kit arrived today. The pic doesn't show the cables very well due to the 'fun' tablecloth that we have, but does show the two modules.

Due to MMI firmware complications I may not have them both (or either) installed for the meet, but I do promise a fill write-up afterwards!

You managed to get used ones! I am so jealous.... I couldn't find them for love nor money....

PsYcHe 1st June 2009 07:50 AM

Yep.. just stumbled across an eBay auction with a BIN.. Guy bought them and then traded the '8 in before he got them fitted. Bargain too :)

A8_Tony 16th June 2009 07:36 AM

I think you should send me the bluetooth kit, at least my RNS-E works ;)

:)

PsYcHe 16th June 2009 07:05 PM

It works because you have RNS-E :) MMI Add-ons don't work with RNS units. If the MMI ever works at all!

IT 21st June 2009 05:27 PM

The bluetooth kit works a treat though... +++

I've got one in my RS6, and its close on the best feature of the RNS-E..

PsYcHe 15th July 2009 08:24 PM

Well... after the MMI saga (LONG CHUFFIN STORY!), it's working again... I've updated to 5150, and fitted the AMI unit. Rather than messing around with the adapter kit to run the CDC and AMI at the same time, I've just swapped them over (just need to pop the CDC back in for firmware updates).

It's working a treat, maybe a little slow to update the folders when you go to the artists list, but I do have my 80Gb ipod pretty full, so can't complain too much. The folder list also appears in the DIS, so you don't have to look down to the main screen, or use the main MMI controls as the wheel controls work great :)

IT 15th July 2009 08:43 PM

Thats great news - So it was the speech module then ??

PsYcHe 15th July 2009 08:57 PM

Nope... It was the main MMI control unit behind the glovebox, and they've also replaced the mmi controls (buttons & wheel), so I have the new one that has the 'name' button rather than 'Net'.

The SDS is still funny (see other post), but it's all good.. the 3D map view is nice, I just need to sort out an iPod for the house, or get an HDD for the car and the USB interface.

A8 Doc 11th August 2009 02:59 PM

Ref the IPod, use VAGCOM to enable the hidden menu, and you can faff around with various settings on there to assist in it's operation.