A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D2 - Interior (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Foot (well) fetish (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8957)

The_Laird 19th October 2014 11:50 AM

Foot (well) fetish

3 Attachment(s)
As some of you may know (if you've seen the car or read my signature), I have the accelerator pedal and brake pedal from a TT and Phaeton, metal with the rubber inserts.

I really like these, but always thought that they made the footrest look rubbish - just that scabby bit of plastic stuck onto a bit of carpet-covered plastic.

Well, with a little help (OK, a load of help) from my friend Steve, who'd already started the project before I spoke to him, here's the solution with before and after photos.

OCD, me? :D

BTW, I think there may be others available for sale if you're interested.

tintin 19th October 2014 01:14 PM

Finishes the trio off nicely, and not that OCD. OCD would be having a proper mat as well ;)

The_Laird 19th October 2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 83013)
Finishes the trio off nicely, and not that OCD. OCD would be having a proper mat as well ;)

Er, the mat is a genuine Audi A8 rubber mat. :p

tintin 19th October 2014 01:25 PM

Just Joshing Jim...:D

71camaro 19th October 2014 03:13 PM

I'm interested in one, but I'm LHD which may affect fit

tonupkid 19th October 2014 04:34 PM

Nice improvement. Audi do overmats in carpet, that would look much nicer and feel better underfoot IMO

The_Laird 19th October 2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonupkid (Post 83023)
Nice improvement. Audi do overmats in carpet, that would look much nicer and feel better underfoot IMO

Yes, I have them too, but I'm in the west of Scotland, so they're for meet days only! They'd get ruined for everyday use. :D

HPsauce 19th October 2014 05:13 PM

As well as the normal carpet mats I have "winter" fitted carpet mats (black) which are nicer than the rubber ones.
Normally get swapped in/out when the winter wheels go on/off. And occasionally for "dirty" trips. :rolleyes:

tintin 19th October 2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 83027)
As well as the normal carpet mats I have "winter" fitted carpet mats (black) which are nicer than the rubber ones.
Normally get swapped in/out when the winter wheels go on/off. And occasionally for "dirty" trips. :rolleyes:

Good plan - I may do something similar when I swap to winter wheels and tyres next month: that'll give me a chance to decide how to refurb/replace my front driver's carpet (as well as giving the summer daily 20" wheels a bit of a spruce up too…;))

steamship 19th October 2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Laird (Post 83009)
I have the accelerator pedal and brake pedal from a TT and Phaeton, metal with the rubber inserts.

BTW, I think there may be others available for sale if you're interested.

Jim, looks good. Would you have the part numbers for the pedals, and how they attach? The foot rest is a nice idea. If you don't want to put the price up here, could you PM me the details?