A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Cars (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   A8 D3 3.0tdi for sale (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14900)

Simonbartlett 13th April 2019 06:46 PM

A8 D3 3.0tdi for sale

10 Attachment(s)
It's a sad day 😥 it's time for a change.

A8 d3 late 2008, 3.0tdi.
Well cared for with full service history.
Has all the usual d3 goodies and later 3g mmi
I'm asking £7999.

Based in Verwood Dorset

Simonbartlett 13th April 2019 07:51 PM

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-...008/1336732907

Any comments or suggestions on add or price ?

sarg 14th April 2019 02:18 AM

Why Gumtree???

If you're serious about selling, it has to be Autotrader, or Pistonheads, or eBay, probably in that order, personally I've only ever had any joy with serious buyers from AT, wouldn't even consider Gumtree, hope you're prepared for time wasters and low-ballers

Simonbartlett 14th April 2019 05:24 AM

Oh it will probably be on autotrader soon, I have sold a couple of cars lately advertised in all these places and the final buyers came from gumtree. Autotrader cost me about £60 and I didn’t get one phone call, in the past I have always rated autotrader but I think £60 is taking the **** now they don’t send someone out to take photos anymore.

Simonbartlett 14th April 2019 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarg (Post 149687)
Why Gumtree???

If you're serious about selling, it has to be Autotrader, or Pistonheads, or eBay, probably in that order, personally I've only ever had any joy with serious buyers from AT, wouldn't even consider Gumtree, hope you're prepared for time wasters and low-ballers

What was your honest thoughts on price ?

IT 14th April 2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simonbartlett (Post 149689)
What was your honest thoughts on price ?

Feels pricey to me.

I can't see any options on it, and its a non sport 3.0 TDi so you'll probably struggle to get noticed unless the price is attractive.

Ideally, you want to be pitching it touch over whatever they are selling for on ebay - not what they are listed for - what they have actually bid up to and sold for.

So many people going lease now, the used car buyer market has shrunk massively and dirty diesels have taken a big hit too. And electric is getting traction.

I do agree that gumtree isn't really viewed as a serious car selling platform..... If an owner scrimped on the advert, did they also cut corners on maintenance for example.....

Autotrader has the best app and is a 'go-to' for a lot of people browsing for a car, Ebay has the best search facility. Pistonheads is good if you have something a little special that commands a premium..

glws +++

sarg 14th April 2019 09:56 AM

I wouldn’t even look on Gumtree, don’t bother with eBay generally either as too much crap amongst the good stuff

Simonbartlett 14th April 2019 02:38 PM

There doesn't seem to be many d3s with 3g mmi. I assume that's a plus. Was keyless an extra ?

IT 14th April 2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simonbartlett (Post 149710)
There doesn't seem to be many d3s with 3g mmi. I assume that's a plus. Was keyless an extra ?

D3's all got 3G MMI in ~2009 when it was released, but the D3 ended in 2010 so the majority of D3's are older, and have 2G MMI.

Its a bit prettier, with a higher res screen, and has guaranteed SD card readers rather than hoping for the optional AMI on the 2G systems, but otherwise its just something that is expected on the slightly new cars. The Nav is quicker as its hdd based, but its a bit harder to update the maps as a result.

I'm fairly sure keyless was standard on the facelift.

IT 14th April 2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarg (Post 149694)
I wouldn’t even look on Gumtree, don’t bother with eBay generally either as too much crap amongst the good stuff

Ebay does have some tat, but the search is very powerful.

e.g.

Audi A4 (cabriolet, convertible, cab, roadster) quattro -tdi -manual

Would give you all the A4 quattro convertibles, but not any that mention TDI or manual gearboxes....

bang it in a favourite search and get it emailed daily. Its far superior to Autotrader, which is a shame given their premium price....

Sorry I've taken this a little off topic....