A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Cars (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   A8 D2 Sport (FL) for sale (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16287)

Audi do 7th June 2021 03:13 PM

A8 D2 Sport (FL) for sale

Hi all,

I bought this D2 from a club member in 2014, it came with loads of paperwork & has been relatively faultless since. It came with full stainless exhaust & upgraded S8 suspension and brakes all round. Brake pads were recently changed (genuine Audi obviously)

It has 134k miles. MOT till 03-SEP-2021. (faults Identified at MOT with track rod ends/suspension etc. all rectified.

The good: It was my daily driver, regularly serviced & cared for, new battery & tyres around 2 years ago. Bodywork is in excellent condition considering the age.

I passed it on to my brother last year, he added window tints in the rear. The car is now located in Holyhead, Anglesey

Why is he selling?: He simply isn't getting the use out of it & it's too good to sit around unused gathering dust.

The bad: The automatic retraction of the steering wheel & seat adjustment has stopped working, this may be a simple fix & doesn't affect the normal use. During the winter the volume control on the ICE doesn't work (recognised fault)

Price: £2500

I'm struggling to add photos so may need to post this then edit t add the pics that I have on my phone.

Audi do 7th June 2021 03:23 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Ok, I think I should have added some recent pics

sarg 7th June 2021 04:46 PM

First question anyone is going to ask here is about gearbox maintenance history, timing belt maintenance, and overall service history.

IMO, for what it's worth, seems strong money for a 4.2 QS, but I know some prefer the pre-facelift non-drive by wire setup, so you never know.

What is the thing in the middle of the top of the dash in photo 3? Looks like a number plate holder perhaps?

HPsauce 7th June 2021 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarg (Post 165240)
What is the thing in the middle of the top of the dash in photo 3?

Looks like a solar panel battery "charger". ;)

Audi do 9th June 2021 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarg (Post 165240)
First question anyone is going to ask here is about gearbox maintenance history, timing belt maintenance, and overall service history.

IMO, for what it's worth, seems strong money for a 4.2 QS, but I know some prefer the pre-facelift non-drive by wire setup, so you never know.

What is the thing in the middle of the top of the dash in photo 3? Looks like a number plate holder perhaps?

The timing belt was done at 80k, the gearbox hasn't had the full flush, I had a seal replaced in 2019 so new oil went in but I hadn't seen the recommendation to flush/renew then, I wish I had.

As above, yes it's a solar battery charger, Mick was worried about lack of use damaging the battery.

Thanks for the opinion re the price, it isn't being advertised anywhere we were hoping it would stay within the "community" & be used & I know he's open to honest offers.