A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D2 - Interior Electrics (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   After a battery disconnect..... (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13047)

Spanker 27th May 2017 06:59 PM

After a battery disconnect.....

Whilst swapping the seats over from one car to the other today, I thought it wise to disconnect the battery first - what with all those airbag thingies that might go pop and stuff.

Once done, I reconnected the battery and the clock time showed 1999 etc.
So I kind of expected that would reset itself.

I then went to pop the windows down but noticed that the one-touch feature, that was working before, now didn't work. I had to keep my finger pressed all of the bleeding time. Disgraceful :tuttut:

So I immediately thought that it must be a VCDS reprogramme job so I'll get mine out in the morning (and the VCDS - fnar, fnar) and play around with it as well as resetting my central locking settings.
So assuming that one-touch window down/up is a VCDS thing, is there anything else that I would need to reset or be aware of regarding a battery disconnect, from those who have more experience than myself at such things?

Thanks in advance...

Dean

David's8 27th May 2017 07:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
See the .pdf guide to what you need ref central locking attached +++

The_Laird 27th May 2017 07:20 PM

The windows should be OK after a couple of manual ups and downs, and the clock and date you have to reset manually through the menu. No VCDS required. Not sure about the central locking - what;s the problem with that?

Adrian E 27th May 2017 07:21 PM

You just need to cycle the windows all the way down and back up again, holding the switch for a second after it's reached the end of its travel. All being well the windows have re-learnt their end stops and one touch will work again

Spanker 27th May 2017 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 128335)
See the .pdf guide to what you need ref central locking attached +++

Thank you David.

I did use that guide before when I did it, but had lost it and couldn't find it again.
You've saved me a search. +++

Spanker 27th May 2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Laird (Post 128337)
The windows should be OK after a couple of manual ups and downs, and the clock and date you have to reset manually through the menu. No VCDS required. Not sure about the central locking - what;s the problem with that?

Not so much a problem with the central locking, but I like the setting where:
1. The horn beeps pathetically on a fob key press.
2. Windows open/close (sunroof close) - The comfort feature allowing windows to be opened or closed by holding the lock/unlock on the key fob.
3. Autolock is OFF - The car will NOT lock when you reach 15km/h and unlock when you pull the key from the ignition. I don't live in a car-jacking area.
4. Double press unlock is OFF - When it's ON, the driver's door only will unlock on the first press of the remote - 2nd press will unlock both doors.

So just a preference thing that can be set with VCDS. Sorry if you knew this already and I made it sound as though there was a problem with the central locking after the battery reset.

Thanks to you and Adrian for the tip on the windows. I never knew that. +++

steamship 28th May 2017 01:19 AM

Posted about this in another thread. Check out the following site:

http://www.wak-tt.com/vagcom/vagcomclcoding.htm

There is a little program called BaseCode, and it helps give you the correct code to enter into VCDS. Just follow the very concise instructions.

mannyo 28th May 2017 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spanker (Post 128346)
Not so much a problem with the central locking, but I like the setting where:
1. The horn beeps pathetically on a fob key press.
2. Windows open/close (sunroof close) - The comfort feature allowing windows to be opened or closed by holding the lock/unlock on the key fob.
3. Autolock is OFF - The car will NOT lock when you reach 15km/h and unlock when you pull the key from the ignition. I don't live in a car-jacking area.
4. Double press unlock is OFF - When it's ON, the driver's door only will unlock on the first press of the remote - 2nd press will unlock both doors.

So just a preference thing that can be set with VCDS. Sorry if you knew this already and I made it sound as though there was a problem with the central locking after the battery reset.

Thanks to you and Adrian for the tip on the windows. I never knew that. +++

From what I understand number two is not possible on the D2, the ECU does not support that function from the remote. You can use the key in the lock and hold in the lock position to shut all the windows and roof, or unlock to open everything except the sunroof. You can do it with the remote, but you need to install a third party solution, eg. the no longer made Alientech controller.

David's8 28th May 2017 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mannyo (Post 128363)
From what I understand number two is not possible on the D2, the ECU does not support that function from the remote. You can use the key in the lock and hold in the lock position to shut all the windows and roof, or unlock to open everything except the sunroof. You can do it with the remote, but you need to install a third party solution, eg. the no longer made Alientech controller.

The second function "sort of" works on my D2. By "sort of" i mean that sometimes it works properly and sometimes it doesnt work fully. Like it will drop the windows and open the sunroof but will then only half close them or it will do it but only in stages! Its like a mind of its own. :)

briang9 28th May 2017 09:30 AM

Mine works as expected+++