A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D4 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   very bad telephone quality? (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15108)

krazy_ivan 14th July 2019 03:15 PM

very bad telephone quality?

hello fellow 8'ers

something has been irritating me for a while, and its the very very poor quality when calling somebody over the car audio
i clarify: i have a Mi8 Android phone, which is coupled through bluetooth (i had to update MMI for just that ! )
any calls, outgoing or incoming use the audi speakers (original)

people hear me perfectly, but i hear mainly crackling and distortion. i can still understand, but it disturbs me.

im waiting a call now from a guy, working in our local audi centr (working in black behind the hours :D ) , i gave him the VIN number, he'll spit throught the TSB

if nothing else, i will have the center speaker replaced - i suspect this one is responsable for voice

i will keep you updated on the results, as i probaly wont/will be the only one with such problem

take care

I.

Architex_mA8tey 15th July 2019 08:48 AM

It may well be a faulty speaker, I dont currently get any issues on the D4 I'm driving with the bluetooth phone set up, and I'm using android phones to connect over bluetooth. a good test could be to put a sim into the sim card slot and see if a call made over that does the same still?

paulrstaylor 15th July 2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 151657)
It may well be a faulty speaker, I dont currently get any issues on the D4 I'm driving with the bluetooth phone set up, and I'm using android phones to connect over bluetooth. a good test could be to put a sim into the sim card slot and see if a call made over that does the same still?

If it sounds distorted and almost robotic, then could well be the centre speaker. I had that replaced under warranty on my old D4 +++

krazy_ivan 15th July 2019 08:05 PM

it was my first thought as well. i got the callback today from Audi Lier (Belgium), the guy said he did found some TSB and asked to come in. ill call back tomorrow and book it in.

would you suggest to get another original speaker to replace it (i can find ones from crashes in Lithuania part sites for 15€ and such) ?

i used have Hertz speakers in my old volkswagen passat, 6 million years ago, and boy, those were pure joy :love:

keep ya posted, thanks for the replies; appreciated :)

krazy_ivan 15th July 2019 08:06 PM

by the way, i do have a sim card in there (for the google maps etc) but its a data only sim card, not sure if i can call out on that, dont think so (good idea though)

manca 16th July 2019 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulrstaylor (Post 151671)
If it sounds distorted and almost robotic, then could well be the centre speaker. I had that replaced under warranty on my old D4 +++

I have that issue for the Sat Nav voice

krazy_ivan 16th July 2019 09:38 PM

yea, i have that as well :(

guy from Audi Lier called, he'll be in holiday from tomorrow to August 20. made an appointment to bring the car in when he's back. he wants to check first software versions etc

to be continued :rolleyes:

krazy_ivan 16th July 2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manca (Post 151694)
I have that issue for the Sat Nav voice

i turned the voice notification off, its just unbearably annoying