A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - General (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Likely breaking the S8 (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1974)

Singh 16th July 2010 02:01 PM

Likely breaking the S8

So if anyone wants any parts, please let me know. Ian has given me permission to do this on the forum +++

The S8 upper and lower grill, wing mirrors and wheels, brakes and US rears I will be keeping. Everything else is available.

Interior, Rebuilt gearbox, alcantara headlining, Xenon Pluses, Bose speakers, CD Changer and everything else is available.

PM me :-(

Mr K 16th July 2010 02:32 PM

Is the rns-e available?

Shame you don't want to part with the wheels and US rears!

PsYcHe 16th July 2010 03:57 PM

Shame... You buying a new one then transplanting the stuff you like over?

Not sure it's better to transfer the engine across to your old one then break the 'new' one? You had a one of a kind car there, especially with that green.

jayzee 16th July 2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsYcHe (Post 13413)
Shame... You buying a new one then transplanting the stuff you like over?

Not sure it's better to transfer the engine across to your old one then break the 'new' one? You had a one of a kind car there, especially with that green.

I agree, you should keep the car and get a donor engine from another s8. You young 'uns :Confused:

darrenjoe90 17th July 2010 07:36 AM

amar dont break your s8. you have an amazing car there that you have put a lot of time and money into making it yours. it doesent deserve to be broke up into pieces. i would suggest you sell that blue thing that runs on heavy oil you call a car. then buy the "8" that ian has. as ian says he would like it to go to a good home. use that one as your daily car. then as time and funds allow i think you should buy an rs6 engine for your original s8 and make it the best and quickest "8" in the country +++

Conan_the_Librarian 17th July 2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darrenjoe90 (Post 13421)
then as time and funds allow i think you should buy an rs6 engine for your original s8 and make it the best and quickest "8" in the country +++

Noooooooo! :hammer: The race is on. :D

RS6 8 v A(S)8 SC N20. :yippee:

A8_Tony 18th July 2010 04:26 PM

Amar, seriously, don't do it!!!!

That car is gorgeous, the colour is superb, the work you've done on it is simply awesome.

Get an A8, transplant the engine as a temporary measure, break the A8, then use all the funds to get your S8 engine that you need.

DON'T BREAK IT!!!!

Just_Ben 18th July 2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan_the_Librarian (Post 13422)
Noooooooo! :hammer: The race is on. :D

RS6 8 v A(S)8 SC N20. :yippee:

AWKWARD! As I'd be building em both they had have to be close on performance or I'll have one upset party!

I love my job!!!

On a serious note Amar, that S8's too nice to break in my mind!

frankow 18th July 2010 07:41 PM

Hi Amar,

What's wrong with the car?

Just engine?....how much would you want for it as it stands?

I saw it the other day and was admiring it, drop me a PM +++

Cheers

Wayne
(trying to talk myself out of an S8 every day, not working yet!)

IT 18th July 2010 07:58 PM

For what its worth, we've broken worse cars than that, and even perfect runners, however yours is a truely unique colour and has had a lot of unique stuff added, RNS-E, the alcantara, black carpets etc.

The engine is one of the most valuable bits, and thats porked, so the gearbox is probably next most valuable, but even then only a few hundred quids worth really.

As a whole car as a project its probably worth a couple of grand to someone who has time and ready funds to fix it, plus it gets to live another day and you see it finished and running again whilst you get back into a D2 very quickly.

The RS6 conversion is interesting, but sounds like an expensive project which needs lots of money tied up in a motor that can't actually be driven until its all done and dusted....

So, I see your options as:

1) Keep the beemer, sit patiently until an AVP or AQH engine comes up cheap enough

2) Move on your current D2 & Beemer and buy another D2 thats on LPG