A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D2 - Interior (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   FL vs PF interior (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14430)

RICKY D 24th August 2018 09:06 PM

FL vs PF interior

Is there a difference between the facelift recaro’s and the pre-facelift?

How about the rear bench and the door cards?

Are they a straight swap between the two?

Norretal 25th August 2018 04:24 AM

A chat with Prestige will answer any questions you have Ricky. They'll know exactly what's interchangeable between PF and FL, and in fine detail +++

MikkiJayne 25th August 2018 08:10 AM

From memory, although I don't see many PF...

FL seats have side airbags, PF don't.

Door cards are the same shape but the fabrics are different - PF has velour, FL has alcantara. I think, although not 100%, that the PF might not have the puddle lights.

I'll have both in the workshop tomorrow so I can verify +++

ainarssems 25th August 2018 08:22 AM

My 97 PF does have side airbags, maybe earlier years did not. Armrest is different but I think some people have put FL in PF. There are some differences in colours and materials but shapewise I think trim panels are the same.

IT 25th August 2018 08:44 AM

Biggest problem is the pf has a center lap belt. Fl has 3 X 3 point seat belts with a mounting point in the parcel shelf.

Also the leather colour and texture between pre and post are slightly different so mixing will stand out.

The recaros are similar enough but side airbags and rear foot well lights came in later. As did side rear airbags and with rear seat airbags came occupancy sensors too.

And then there is seat heating to consider.

Door cards also changed. Pf only had black dash and black door cards. Fl had multiple dash colours and I doubt the blacks would match.

And because none of that really matches you'd have to change the carpets too which of were a deeper wool carpet and again a different colour.

It would have to be an all or nothing not to look wrong really.

MikkiJayne 25th August 2018 08:49 AM

Is it the curtain airbags in the roof that the PF doesn't have then?

IT 26th August 2018 08:52 AM

Facelift had all 8 airbags from day 1 (driver, passenger, 4xseat side airbags and 2 curtains)

Pf always had driver and passenger, but never curtains and side airbags were phased in during pf

RICKY D 26th August 2018 12:48 PM

Appreciate all the input guys.

I love the two tone dash and door card set up from the PF’s and was thinking of doing something similar to mine with some bits from a PF.

I think I will have to rethink it now as it doesn’t sound straight forward with colour matching etc :-(

MikkiJayne 26th August 2018 03:37 PM

I see where you're going now +++ I'm planning exactly that with Big Red - black dash, console, door tops, lower trim & possibly carpets, but everything leather stays cream. There was a black FL D2 at the German meet with that combo and it was lush :love:

I'll be doing it the same as I did my black and red though, by building custom door cards etc. Glutton for punishment maybe, but it's worth it :cool:

I still want a leather dash...

IT 26th August 2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikkiJayne (Post 144738)

I still want a leather dash...

I'm not sure I could handle the poverty of ever having another D2 without one ;)