A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Interior Electrics (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   MMI seat settings. (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13990)

Johnmed 31st March 2018 03:24 PM

MMI seat settings.

3 Attachment(s)
Had the car best part of 4 years and just discovered convenience side view (pretty handy actually) and seat symmetry. Got to love the Germans. They really do think of everything.

ulfilias 11th April 2018 07:30 PM

I often use the seat symmetry one as the GF is a short arse and has quite a forward seat position and I find it looks wrong and is awkward when she isn't there so i tweak it back and saves going round the other side to do it.
I've memory seats and so i set her up a couple of profiles as she complained the seat was never right when getting in.

Also when we did a long trip, i set the symmetry to transfer over my seat position and then stored it in the passenger memory, so instant comfort when switching drivers.....I've a couple of other cars and now get really irked when someone moves the seat and i don't have memory as the car feels wrong. The 8's really spoil us :love:

HPsauce 11th April 2018 07:52 PM

Seat symmetry sounds brilliant; not available on the D2 though.
Memory seats was one of the "must haves" on our #2 car (along with petrol, auto, shifts a bit...) but only have it drivers side.

Johnmed 11th April 2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ulfilias (Post 140053)
I often use the seat symmetry one as the GF is a short arse and has quite a forward seat position and I find it looks wrong and is awkward when she isn't there so i tweak it back and saves going round the other side to do it.
I've memory seats and so i set her up a couple of profiles as she complained the seat was never right when getting in.

Also when we did a long trip, i set the symmetry to transfer over my seat position and then stored it in the passenger memory, so instant comfort when switching drivers.....I've a couple of other cars and now get really irked when someone moves the seat and i don't have memory as the car feels wrong. The 8's really spoil us :love:

That is some clever thinking, transferring the settings. My wife is a foot smaller than me, so using the memory settings I am 1, she is 2 on driver’s side. On her side she is 1 and I am 2. It’s very convenient. Even if I have to spell it out to said wife each and every time! Maybe I should have assigned numbers to each of us, who knows. I use setting 4 for my reclined setting, which is good if I’m in ththe car waiting or eating a butty.

HPsauce 11th April 2018 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnmed (Post 140067)
I use setting 4 for my reclined setting, which is good if I’m in the car waiting or eating a butty.

Same here! +++

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnmed (Post 140067)
Even if I have to spell it out to said wife each and every time!

A friend of mine (still on first marriage by the way) always refers to his wife as "the CURRENT Mrs. xxxx" - keeps her on her toes!

snapdragon 11th April 2018 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ulfilias (Post 140053)
Also when we did a long trip, i set the symmetry to transfer over my seat position and then stored it in the passenger memory, so instant comfort when switching drivers.

I like your style - I will be doing that from now on.

Versace 18th May 2020 07:51 AM

Why do I only see the drivers seat adjustment in the MMI menu?