A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Interior Electrics (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Disabling Door Entry Proximity (Advanced Key) (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15118)

irelandbuyer 21st July 2019 06:08 PM

Disabling Door Entry Proximity (Advanced Key)

Does anybody know if it's possible to deactivate the keyless door entry?

I'm in the habit of checking the door handles to make sure car is locked and of course, it opens then because I have the key on me.

Perhaps this is a programmable item in VCDS?

Few other questions but breaking into different threads...

cheers lads

homer simpson 21st July 2019 06:51 PM

I would be interested to know this too. With all of the horror stories you hear/see of keyless thefts, it would be handy.

Architex_mA8tey 22nd July 2019 08:04 AM

In theory it should be able to code out the keyless entry by telling the car it doesnt have that option, but I wouldnt know if it affected anything else when doing that. Why don't you do what I do and use a case to put your key into which acts like a faraday cage - lock your car, walk away, put the key into the pouch, then check your car is locked while the key is in the pouch. +++

steamship 22nd July 2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irelandbuyer (Post 151769)
Does anybody know if it's possible to deactivate the keyless door entry?

There doesn't appear to be a way of disabling this feature on the likes of the D3, as I can't find anything about it.

Some newer models in the VAG range either have the option available in the MMI, or can be coded out with VCDS with the Long Coding option.

paulrstaylor 22nd July 2019 01:42 PM

Funny, most of the posts on keyless for the D3 seem to be "it doesn't work", "replace a handle" :ROFL:

homer simpson 22nd July 2019 04:45 PM

Not sure if the OP's question was the same as mine, but my question was would it be able to temporarily disable it? I know most Mercedes after a certain MY can be deactivated by pressing the button twice. This means the car can't be opened via keyless and more importantly stolen. Handy for locking the car at night and can be deactivated in the morning.

irelandbuyer 22nd July 2019 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulrstaylor (Post 151796)
Funny, most of the posts on keyless for the D3 seem to be "it doesn't work", "replace a handle" :ROFL:

Paul, that's a funny one. I only replaced the door handle with a brand new one a few months ago..!!

irelandbuyer 22nd July 2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homer simpson (Post 151800)
Not sure if the OP's question was the same as mine, but my question was would it be able to temporarily disable it? I know most Mercedes after a certain MY can be deactivated by pressing the button twice. This means the car can't be opened via keyless and more importantly stolen. Handy for locking the car at night and can be deactivated in the morning.

Hi, ideally i'd like to disable it. And just have lock/unlock using the actual keyfob buttons, not proximity based.

I "thought" i locked the car when in town shopping yesterday. Unfortunately not and i got cleaned out as the car was open. Hence my posts up here about this and also activating a chirp when the alarm is armed.

Perhaps I'm old school but i always like to actually check the door handle to make sure it's locked. And of course you can't do that with proximity based locking....

paulrstaylor 22nd July 2019 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irelandbuyer (Post 151802)
Paul, that's a funny one. I only replaced the door handle with a brand new one a few months ago..!!

In all seriousness, if you can’t find a better solution I suspect unplugging the handles would achieve what you want without many side effects+++

homer simpson 22nd July 2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irelandbuyer (Post 151803)
Hi, ideally i'd like to disable it. And just have lock/unlock using the actual keyfob buttons, not proximity based.

I "thought" i locked the car when in town shopping yesterday. Unfortunately not and i got cleaned out as the car was open. Hence my posts up here about this and also activating a chirp when the alarm is armed.

Perhaps I'm old school but i always like to actually check the door handle to make sure it's locked. And of course you can't do that with proximity based locking....

Does your car have a flashing light on the top of the door card near the B pillar? It should flash when locked and alarm is activated