A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D4 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   d4 lowering options (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9469)

nath 30th January 2015 02:29 AM

d4 lowering options

has anyone lowered there vehicle and if so how ?

i have found 2 differant options

1 via installing adjustable links which tricks the suspension into thinking its actually higher than it should be and releasing air to get the correct ride height

2, via a seperate plug in module which after fitting allows you to alter ride height and suspension settings

any info appreciated

cheers
nath

Delboy 30th January 2015 02:43 AM

The d4 is an unknown animal to me but from what I have read the principles are the same as the other Audis with air suspension so assuming rosstech have figured out how to talk to the level control Ecu one ought to be able to run a calibration and trick the car into lowering it self.

Have you got vcds?

Glync 30th January 2015 10:06 AM

I did look at this and found these ...fleabay item number 121217899414
I believe its just swapping the links on the suspension sensors
Haven't bothered to date for fear of the loveable dealers voiding the warranty for something.
+++
V
Cheers Glyn

Conquistador 30th January 2015 10:29 AM

I'd personally try lowering links first before playing with vcds. Pretty easy to fit and fairly cheap to achieve your chosen height.

nath 30th January 2015 12:32 PM

yes i do have vcds
however i have read a couple of things that lead me to believe the d4 is not as simple to change via vcds than the d3
apparently theres a code needed to get into the module and alter any settings

i am going to shoot over a request to ross tech and see if they can give some guidance on the issue

ive read a little more about the adjuster links and it sounds like the car simply deflates the bags to achieve the correct ride height
the problem with this is the ride afterwards is not very good

Delboy 30th January 2015 12:41 PM

All the methods for lowering air suspension are done by dropping air from the struts, if it was me I would go vcds if you want cheap, lowering module if your feeing like a bit of retail therapy and last but not least the lowering links as that requires jacking the car up removing the old links and no end of ****ing around trying to adjust them once fitted.

juat my thoughts on the matter

nath 30th January 2015 06:11 PM

just tried vcds and you definitely need security access
to alter any of the settings

Delboy 31st January 2015 02:02 AM

Certainly worth asking Ross tech support about it.

TTE Si 23rd March 2015 06:12 PM

Did you get any response from rosstech on this?

I failed at the security code on Rosstech website. says invalid when entered.

nath 23rd March 2015 07:03 PM

sent a question to the ross tech guys
never recived an answer but got an invite to join there forums