A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Everything Else (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Servicing / repairs (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13844)

Takemetothepub 14th February 2018 08:23 AM

Servicing / repairs

Hey everyone.

Does anyone know a good garage in the South East that know their way round the W12 engine and A8's in general?

I have a few niggles I want sorted out but because it's an uncommon engine I'd like to use someone who knows it?

Thanks

Architex_mA8tey 14th February 2018 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takemetothepub (Post 137821)
Hey everyone.

Does anyone know a good garage in the South East that know their way round the W12 engine and A8's in general?

I have a few niggles I want sorted out but because it's an uncommon engine I'd like to use someone who knows it?

Thanks

The South East is a huge area! can you be a bit more specific and we can see if we know of anyone nearby?

Takemetothepub 14th February 2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 137827)
The South East is a huge area! can you be a bit more specific and we can see if we know of anyone nearby?

I'm ok to travel, I'm in Essex but happy for any garage within 100 miles that knows their stuff.

So doesn't need to be specific just South East :D

Conquistador 14th February 2018 12:58 PM

You're not too far from me in Chelmsford from what I remember. I've used VWAudiTec next to e2v in Chelmsford a few times for work on various VAG cars as well as parts and consumables and they knew their way around my car. Can see their workshop from my office window and there's always RS6s, R8s and A8s parked outside so I've got no problem using them if I wanted any serious work doing. All the guys there are very competent and know what they are talking about.

If they can't do a job, they usually recommend AMD near Lakeside who are renowned for tuning, remapping and other work.

Takemetothepub 16th February 2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conquistador (Post 137844)
You're not too far from me in Chelmsford from what I remember. I've used VWAudiTec next to e2v in Chelmsford a few times for work on various VAG cars as well as parts and consumables and they knew their way around my car. Can see their workshop from my office window and there's always RS6s, R8s and A8s parked outside so I've got no problem using them if I wanted any serious work doing. All the guys there are very competent and know what they are talking about.

If they can't do a job, they usually recommend AMD near Lakeside who are renowned for tuning, remapping and other work.

Awesome, thank you. Will give them a bell.

Audidothat 19th February 2018 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takemetothepub (Post 137821)
Hey everyone.

Thanks

I use the Audi Service at Jack Barclay Bentley in Wandsworth, LDN. They may know their way around your engine LOL!