A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Fuel and Exhausts (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   DPF Delete pipes? Any1 (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10965)

CR51GYR-A8 21st December 2015 09:10 PM

DPF Delete pipes? Any1

I'm looking into having a darkside devolopments dpf delete pipe installed on my 3.0tdi v6. As I believe in having dpf issues and I'm having the need for a tinker, any1 had a kit fitted?

Adrian E 21st December 2015 09:58 PM

wouldn't recommend it due to inevitable MOT changes - you can get it cleaned chemically which will restore it to as new without the PM 2.5 and 10 particles being released into the atmosphere/lungs like a delete will allow....

CR51GYR-A8 21st December 2015 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian E (Post 104017)
wouldn't recommend it due to inevitable MOT changes - you can get it cleaned chemically which will restore it to as new without the PM 2.5 and 10 particles being released into the atmosphere/lungs like a delete will allow....

Mots don't apply to me as I work in the motor trade and have it done in house. Il be having it deleted or knocked out regardless.

Want more noise and power also.

Mechcanico Lee 21st December 2015 11:17 PM

I read that the finer particles that get through the dpf and stay airborne are more damaging to human lungs as they can pass through the lungs natural defences and can be absorbed into the blood , the heavier non dpf filtered particles of soot fall to the ground , so dpf delete away and fiddle them emissions ........ ask the VAG group they are experts at it ....

mannyo 22nd December 2015 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CR51GYR-A8 (Post 104018)
Mots don't apply to me as I work in the motor trade and have it done in house. Il be having it deleted or knocked out regardless.

Want more noise and power also.

Cant wait until you fail a VOSA roadside inspection, and the MOT investigated. Do you really value you job and or MOT tester status to the point that you could lose the lot.

By all means remove the DPF but have the existing pipe gutted and rewelded, so at least it looks like its still present and with a decent remap should not smoke to much.

CR51GYR-A8 22nd December 2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mannyo (Post 104021)
Cant wait until you fail a VOSA roadside inspection, and the MOT investigated. Do you really value you job and or MOT tester status to the point that you could lose the lot.

By all means remove the DPF but have the existing pipe gutted and rewelded, so at least it looks like its still present and with a decent remap should not smoke to much.

Darkside don't produce a pipe for my model dpf so it will be a gutting and de welding unfortunately, it will still do the same thing but it's nice to bolt on something proper.

A roadside test is few and far between and they wouldn't know what to look for anyway, like to see them try ha.

But a decent map should see me threw, now onto the strait pipe mock up.

snapdragon 22nd December 2015 10:31 PM

I hollowed my DPF 5 years ago due to it being expired and am pleased to say there is still no visible smoke, so these engines must be a lot cleaner than the previous generation anyway.

Adrian E 23rd December 2015 06:37 AM

There's no real difference in particulate terms between a Euro 4,5 or 6 at engine out - the cleanup from one level to the next to meet limit values is all down to exhaust aftertreatment.....