A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Scariest (Black) Audi story ever? (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14690)

tintin 6th January 2019 07:02 PM

Scariest (Black) Audi story ever?

Gave me the chills, anyway...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-stolen-london

steamship 6th January 2019 09:17 PM

Just heard about that on the radio. Very scary indeed, although thankfully, a happy ending. In some ways, feel sorry for the uncle, as that will haunt him for a long time.

briang9 7th January 2019 06:45 PM

Very scary indeed:mad:

Don't wish to detract from the seriousness of the situation, however when SWMBO told me she had heard it on the news, I asked her what kind of Audi it was... she had no idea....probably not much use as a witness then:tuttut:

Apologies if some think the above is in bad taste, I do have a peculiar sense of humour sometimes:o

steamship 7th January 2019 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briang9 (Post 147268)
Very scary indeed:mad:

Don't wish to detract from the seriousness of the situation, however when SWMBO told me she had heard it on the news, I asked her what kind of Audi it was... she had no idea....probably not much use as a witness then:tuttut:

Apologies if some think the above is in bad taste, I do have a peculiar sense of humour sometimes:o

If the outcome had been different/worse, then it would have been in bad taste, but it's in our nature to 'laugh in the face of adversity', as it keeps us sane. With that in mind, and to lighten the mood, your comment reminds me of this joke:

A husband contacted the police to file a “missing person” report for his missing wife. This is a true transcript of his conversation with the police officer.

Husband: I lost my wife, she went shopping and hasn’t come back yet.

Policeman: What is her height?

Husband: I never checked.

Policeman: Slim or fat?

Husband: Not slim, not fat.

Policeman: Color of eyes?

Husband: Never noticed.

Policeman: Color of hair?

Husband: Changes according to season.

Policeman: What was she wearing?

Husband: Not sure whether it was a dress or a suit.

Policeman: Was she driving?

Husband: Yes.

Policeman: Color of the car?

Husband: Black Audi A8 with supercharged 3.0 litre V6 engine generating 333 horse power teamed with an eight-speed automatic transmission with manual mode. And it has full LED headlights, which use light emitting diodes for all light functions and has a very thin scratch on the front left door, and then the husband started crying.

Policeman: Don’t worry sir, we will find your car.

briang9 7th January 2019 07:13 PM

That was the joke I quoted to her at the time Sean. You are right I guess, with the outcome being positive we can indeed sometimes see humour in very dark situations. Had the outcome not been happy I would not have made these comments. Just glad the little girl is safe and hopefully young enough to not be damaged by the ordeal+++

jamoca 8th January 2019 08:42 AM

This was figuratively round the corner for me, and given we've recently had our first daughter, this was a little close to home.

Frightening.

pete-p 8th January 2019 08:53 AM

Very shocking story and could have ended much worse especially as the child wasn't belted in.

Perhaps the thing to take from this is not to have a young child around when trying to sell a car. Make sure there is someone else to look after them so that you aren't distracted.

tc4332 8th January 2019 06:19 PM

Distraction does have it's good points.
Taking some 40 kids plus adults to the pantomime in Blackpool a week ago there was a rather bad accident in front of me. Mini bus lost control and rolled down the left hand batter. I managed to start the kids counting Mini's on the other carriageway. None of them spotted the carnage as we drove past.
The adults thanked me afterwards.

Johnmed 10th January 2019 09:15 PM

The little girl not only looks similar to my daughter, but is only a few months younger. It really shocked me this story. I read about it at the time and was amazed that they’d found the stolen car without the kid. Horrific.

Glad there seemingly is a happy ending.