A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   A5/S5/RS5 8T (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I can't believe nobody has posted in this section yet! (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8436)

briang9 8th July 2014 07:18 PM

Looks great Adrian, sorry for the daft question, does it have the 4.2?

Adrian E 8th July 2014 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briang9 (Post 77445)
Looks great Adrian, sorry for the daft question, does it have the 4.2?

Hiya

No, it's the 3 litre supercharged 333PS engine with 7 speed s-tronic :)

The Sportback never got the V8, as it came out later than the Coupe and Convertible

Adrian

tonupkid 8th July 2014 09:42 PM

Love it. I had the 3.0 supercharged in an S4 loaner for a month, and it knock my socks off, and what a noise.
That is a beautiful car in so many ways :love:

Adrian E 8th July 2014 09:52 PM

It's definitely rare to see another as well - there's about 5 times the number of S4s around compared to the Sportback, as there was a pretty significant price difference when new (£4.5k from memory, although you get the s-tronic box and supersports seats as standard on the S5)

Spoke to the garage this evening and they've got the v5 back from DVLA so should be good to go and collect on Saturday :) can't go before as it's 70 miles from home and I'm on a training course 45 miles in the opposite direction the next 2 days!

Fingers crossed the retention certificate for Jane's plate comes back to us before Saturday as we can then send it off with the new keeper details to have it assigned straightaway

Architex_mA8tey 8th July 2014 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian E (Post 77448)
No, it's the 3 litre supercharged 333PS engine with 7 speed s-tronic :)

An interesting extra feature of the S -tronic box is Launch Control!! :D

Adrian E 9th July 2014 05:57 AM

I'm not sure launch control is available on pre-facelift? Will have to read the manual when we get it! Not intending to make too much use of it, but will be extending the warranty in case the gearbox grenades!

Adrian E 11th July 2014 08:59 PM

One more sleep :D

Although based on last couple of nights with sprog and mrs both sick as parrots I'm not convinced I'll be sleeping much anyway!

Conquistador 14th July 2014 01:22 PM

So? Did you get it?! :D :love:

Adrian E 15th July 2014 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conquistador (Post 77671)
So? Did you get it?! :D :love:

Yep :)

Although the sick as a parrot reference turned out to be a little too accurate! Kai threw up on way up there (diverted via North London to collect a tyre) so jane spent the rest of the day sniffing puke!

Needless to say it was on fumes so first few miles getting to nearest Shell were a bit nerve racking! Got 60 litres into a 64 litre tank so hopefully the light just gives plenty of warning lol

Drive back was ok but traffic queue for qe2 bridge was about 6 miles! Have it full beans away from the toll barriers and it really does shift! Makes a nice bang out of the exhausts on up changes :)

Overall really pleased - annoyed with myself as missed fact it didn't have a piece of spec I wanted (adaptive damping ) but it rides pretty well on 20s without it which is probably why I didn't notice! Wheels need a refurb but that can wait till the tyres are shot. Looking at 18 and 19" winters so will get the 20s done when they're off the car

Will look at proper detailing options after our august hols - can't see the point getting it done before 2 weeks of tiny lane driving in Cornwall!

Going to a pistonheads south east evening meet next week so will try and grab some pics with redhill aerodrome as a backdrop :)

M-A8 12th August 2014 10:38 AM

Adrian, what a beautiful car. I do like the look of A5s, very aggressive/sporty look.
I really like the 3 little cut outs at the bottom below the front grill. I know its a small detail, but I like it. Now every Audi seems to have it where with D3s you could only have it if splash loads of extra dosh on S8, really annoys me coz D3 looks so much better with these little cut out.

Rear is beautiful. Black is always stunning. Well known and loved wheels design.

Stunning car.

Are you actually so nice to your wife or you just got another toy for your self ??:D