A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - General (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   For sale - Audi A6, 2004/04, 3.0 quattro Sport Avant auto (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7525)

azzure 11th December 2016 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 121135)
Excellent news. +++ Out of interest, how big a job (hours labour will do, not the bill) is that on an A6?
(It's a right royal PITA on a D2 A8/S8 though MJ here seems to be able to do it in less than 2 hours! :eek: )

Switch was 165 inc. VAT and it was 200.00 to fit. Audi main dealer quoted an hour to fit it and gnarly old gearbox chap who had been recommended to me by 3 of my local VAG Indies said he would eat his own feet if they managed to do it in an hour ! He had if for about 3, although I wasn't there during that time, so I'm not sure as to the exact job length...sorry.

HPsauce 11th December 2016 05:53 PM

That's good, not quite as bad as an '8. My garage quoted for and charged me for 5 hours labour, though I know that included a " road test". :rolleyes:
They had it first thing in the morning and it was ready mid-afternoon. To be fair I reckon some steps probably needed 2 people to do easily.

Presumably there were some diagnostics to confirm the F125 was the problem, before diving in and replacing it.

Adrian E 11th December 2016 06:02 PM

Really glad to hear it's sorted and it's nothing more than a typical age related parts failure +++

azzure 11th December 2016 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 121140)
That's good, not quite as bad as an '8. My garage quoted for and charged me for 5 hours labour, though I know that included a " road test". :rolleyes:
They had it first thing in the morning and it was ready mid-afternoon. To be fair I reckon some steps probably needed 2 people to do easily.

Presumably there were some diagnostics to confirm the F125 was the problem, before diving in and replacing it.

Had a print from an indy I shall no longer be frequenting to confirm F125 failure and who then informed me it would be a 1320.00 cost to fix !!

azzure 11th December 2016 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian E (Post 121143)
Really glad to hear it's sorted and it's nothing more than a typical age related parts failure +++

I'm pleased too Adrian...its a great car and credit to its former owner ! :)

oldnick 18th December 2016 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azzure (Post 121154)
Had a print from an indy I shall no longer be frequenting to confirm F125 failure and who then informed me it would be a 1320.00 cost to fix !!

as I now live part of the year in southampton would appreciate knowing which indy to avoid !

by PM if you prefer !
having recently doctored my A8 can see that with a ramp 2 to 3 hours would be required ...don't expect that doctoring will last for ever !

azzure 20th December 2016 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldnick (Post 121403)
as I now live part of the year in southampton would appreciate knowing which indy to avoid !

by PM if you prefer !
having recently doctored my A8 can see that with a ramp 2 to 3 hours would be required ...don't expect that doctoring will last for ever !

PM sent :)