A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - General (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   D2 PF 4.2 Quattro Sport For Sale (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7705)

Norretal 27th February 2014 07:58 PM

D2 PF 4.2 Quattro Sport For Sale

16 Attachment(s)
UPDATE I'm in the process of purchasing a private plate for my S8 so the D2 will come complete with the A8 UDT registration. I've decided to remove the S8 items so the car will be back to standard apart from the Brembo brakes and the exhaust.

It's taxed till the end of August and MOT'd till August 13th. Oil and filter service done in August, it's done around 2,000 miles since. I'm looking for £2,000 and willing to negotiate on the S8 bits for anyone interested.

The additional bits I have are the bonnet grille (complete with PF S8 badge), FL centre arm rests, S8 instrument cluster and a pair of aluminium S8 mirrors.

Lots of other information available on this thread about the car but if you require anything else please feel free to ask, either by PM or contact me directly on 07973868261.

Cheers

Ron

I'm about to sell my A8 due to a change of car and thought I'd make it known on the forum first before heading to the Autotrader route. I'm fortunate in that I don't have to sell it in a hurry so thought I'd see if there was any interest among the "A8 family" on here, who know far more about the market than I ever will.

I've owned this car for just short of eight and a half years now and have done just over 40k miles in that time. It's now on 122k miles and is in very good order for its age (first registered January 1999). I've just taxed it for 6 months so the road tax and MOT expire in August. I've posted photos in the "Introductions" section and more recent ones since as I've tinkered with the car over the last year or so. It's now fitted with a few D2 S8 bits but I have the original PF items to return the car to standard if I choose to do so. These items are the instrument cluster, bonnet grille, aluminium mirrors and the centre arm rests. The exhaust and Brembo's are the changes I can't swap back for obvious reasons.

The rear brake callipers were renewed for the MOT last August which made the rear discs look shabby behind the 20" wheels so I had new Bosch discs fitted in November. The Brembo's were fitted last May and various lower arms, drop links and track rod ends renewed so it feels smooth through the steering wheel with no play, creaks or groans when travelling. I regret not investing in new front discs at the time (I bought the callipers, discs and suspension arms at the A8 Parts open day last April) as they shudder under light braking but are fine under heavy braking. I tend to drive using the tiptronic mode using engine braking so it's never bothered me much but I'm just pointing it out up front.

I'm currently driving on the 18" Sport wheels which I had done gunmetal grey and I also have the 20" FE wheels seen on some of the photos and mentioned in my signature. I may just keep these as they've only done two thousand miles since being refurbished and they could be of use to me in future. Other things I can think of mentioning that are important, cam belt done immediately after purchase at 80k miles, gearbox oil and filter change done just over 10k ago in 2011. In all my time of owning it I've always used Mobil 1 fully synthetic oil because I considered it the best, I'll probably be informed otherwise. I had the final drive oil seal done last year and the passenger airbag fault rectified, air con drains sorted and the immobiliser wire renewed, all common A8 faults. I've always kept on top of any issues and had them rectified as soon as they've been identified, the car has been well looked after while in my ownership.

The registration (A8 UDT) has little value but I'm looking into putting it on retention as I like it on my A8 and feel it'll be worth keeping hold of for future use. Apologies that this has turned into a bit of a ramble but I'm trying to answer the sort of questions I'll imagine I'll be asked so I'll shut up and await any responses. I've looked at similar cars on the internet and seen what prices are being asked for them so I'd appreciate it if you fellas would give your opinions on what I should do.

Should I return it to standard and sell off the additional bits separately? Should I leave it as it is in the hope of selling it easier with the "upgrades" and throw in the standard bits as part of the deal? I realise nobody upgrades to a D2 PF but I feel it's a good car to start off A8 ownership and is also a future classic and I'd really like to see it go to an enthusiast who'll look after it as well as I've done for over eight years. Like I said at the start, I don't need to sell it urgently and therefore won't be giving it away but I'd really appreciate any advice on this. We've just done two 400+ mile trips in this car and it really is the ideal model for eating up the miles in quiet comfort.

I'm just back from a few days away and heading off early tomorrow again so I won't be around to reply till the weekend but feel free to leave remarks or suggestions and I'll respond to them as soon as I can.

Cheers

Ron

First chance I've had to take some photos today, stopped off on a drive out to take a few. Hopefully they show the car is clean and in good order. Please feel free to comment, I'd also appreciate any thoughts on how much I should be asking for it (Dezzy,no, I won't take £500 for it ;))

Norretal 2nd March 2014 02:46 PM

Update

Photos added, including a couple of it with the 20" wheels and S8 mirrors on.

Let me have your thoughts guys, I'd appreciate any feedback +++

Cheers

Ron

briang9 2nd March 2014 07:59 PM

stunning car Ron:love: what you replacing it with?

Norretal 2nd March 2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briang9 (Post 69520)
stunning car Ron:love: what you replacing it with?

Looking at a Punto or Lupo mate, circumstances dictate......

Anything that will fit in the boot of my new S8, I'm looking for a Thunderbird 2 vibe......;)

Architex_mA8tey 2nd March 2014 09:15 PM

Surely if it's going in the boot it needs to be a T4 :D
Sounds like you've bought Ian's S8 eh?

texas2201 2nd March 2014 09:16 PM

stunning car Ron - would love it but already got too many cars inc an A8

Sadly no one wants a big V8 these days and you get offered silly money

GLWTS

Martin

notorious 2nd March 2014 09:45 PM

Perhaps the best condition pre-FL I have ever seen.

My advice -- don't sell it. If serviced properly, this car will drive forever. Until you smash it or until gasoline is finished on planet earth.

High fuel costs? -- Ignore them. I drive V8 every day and only regret it is not a V12.

Don't sell this car. Buy a second one with V12 instead and enjoy life.

Dezzy 3rd March 2014 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norretal (Post 69345)
(Dezzy,no, I won't take £500 for it ;))

Damn :D

Nice 8 +++

Norretal 3rd March 2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 69526)
Surely if it's going in the boot it needs to be a T4 :D
Sounds like you've bought Ian's S8 eh?

There's nothing gets past you Neil, eh? ;)

I went down and viewed it and had a drive, and that was it, I couldn't miss out on it.

Even if it's too much for me and I have to sell it I can say I've had one +++

Norretal 3rd March 2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texas2201 (Post 69527)
stunning car Ron - would love it but already got too many cars inc an A8

Sadly no one wants a big V8 these days and you get offered silly money

GLWTS

Martin

Cheers Martin, you're spot on, there's a very limited demand for these but I'm hoping someone who knows what it is and recognises what a good example it is will take it away and look after it like I have.