A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dealer issues ? (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16314)

roberto 23rd June 2021 05:22 AM

Dealer issues ?

is there an area to moan about dealerships before i start ?

Ameiseuk 23rd June 2021 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roberto (Post 165487)
is there an area to moan about dealerships before i start ?

....join the queue! :ROFL:

tintin 23rd June 2021 06:18 AM

Audi dealers are one of the main reasons I didn't buy another one. Shocking.

The_Laird 23rd June 2021 09:13 AM

Most of the ones that I’ve used have been dreadful, some to the point of criminal, and Audi don’t give a rat’s a**e!

BMW are much better (and better for parts availability, so I’m told)

27litres 23rd June 2021 09:16 AM

Pre dieselgate I remember VW boasting that they were targetting the number one spot for vehicles sales in the world.
With the appalling customer service they consistently display worldwide they'll never get there...
Though dieselgate probably killed their short term aspirations anyway.

MikkiJayne 23rd June 2021 09:42 AM

Audi dealers are the reason I replaced my first A8 with a Jaguar, instead of the A6 Avant I went shopping for. The Jag was worst Friday-afternoon car I ever owned, but the dealer experience was great. I spent a lot of time at the dealer (22 warranty repairs in 12 months), and even more time in their dreadful automatic Ford Focus loan car. After the Jag I bought an A6 privately and maintained it myself.

Conan_the_Librarian 23rd June 2021 10:56 AM

A recent experience for me. Put my wife's Q3 into local main dealer for a gearbox service as local independent couldn't fit me in. They gave me a free pre-MOT. Recommended front wishbone bushes neede replacing and quoted £600 + VAT. Each mount was quoted at £123 + VAT, with 2 hours labour.
TPS wanted £53 + VAT each and Mahle HD were £60 the pair + VAT.

Took me 53 minutes on the garage floor on jackstands after watching a YouTube video on how to do it! Most of the time was taken up jacking up the car and removing/replacing the engine tray. :mad:

10% of the Stealers quote.

homer simpson 23rd June 2021 11:07 AM

Am I the only one with a positive experience then? :D

I had a trickle of brake fluid after a fluid change done by them and it started to strip the paint. They initially said they fixed the leak but I said it's ruined the car and I just want it back to how it was. They sent the caliper away and had it refurbished at their cost. Job was great but when it came back it obviously didn't match the other side. As they required the loan car back (it had been sold), they asked if they can do the other side in a couple of weeks. I agreed and they paid for the other side too.

I have to agree their prices are extortionate but then again which dealers aren't? They also have massive operating costs - those flashy dealerships and tea/coffee/biscuits don't pay for themselves lol. I would prefer to go to an independent for my mechanical or service needs but no one has worked on a V10 locally and I'm not about to be a guinea pig. If MJ did D3s, it would go there every time. :)

Could be way off tangent here, roberto are we talking about sales or servicing or both?

ainarssems 23rd June 2021 01:39 PM

All or most dealers are independant and each will be different. Out of 2 of my closest Bedford has been pretty bad the only time I interacted with them so I have not been back but I have no complaints about Northampton. That being said it might have been just my luck with Bedford, maybe it was wrong day or wrong person I was dealing with but I don't go back there as I never had any issues in Northampton

roberto 23rd June 2021 02:30 PM

Cor blimey thats some issues

right

my thoughts on,,, Colchester Approved Audi Centre
i bought my RS6 from them
i had a few small issues with it and questioned the 149 point check

they were Rude, and Not bothered at all
they have No aftersales people

they might have well said WE HAVE YOUR MONEY NOW GO AWAY !

stay away from them at all costs

i fixed the bits and bobs myself

======================================
gosh! ive been to Grimsby Audi today to buy a car for me&mrs to share (maybe buy a classic audi too i thought)
2018 A6 Avant bitdi £29000
the salesman had a very bad attitude = Lewis
the car was very neglected
i walked away