A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Woo hoo! Back in a D2! (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15485)

Davey Blueeyes 2nd February 2020 09:44 AM

Woo hoo! Back in a D2!

1 Attachment(s)
Okay after much missing of my temporarily sleeping D2 S8, I've managed to get myself back into the D2 groove and picked this up from MJ's on Thursday.

This was Mike's car (Conan) and was previously owned by Dean (Spanker) when he didn't need red cars!

I have to say Mike and MJ have been yet again amazing and full of awesome sauce and Mike let me have it for a very reasonable price, on the basis he gets it back when I'm done. MJ fettled it nicely back into consciousness and she absolutely loved the drive back from Devon to Southampton and didn't miss a beat.

Okay, so it's a V6 and the interior is Twist, which must be german for death by beige but spanking it in S rather than D is rather more pleasing than I would have imagined.

Yet again thank you to Mike and MJ, who as always have been amazing :love: This forum is just brilliant and it was wonderful to finally go to the centre of the D2 universe that is MJ's hallowed D2 temple and talk car stuff.

Driving it back it reminds you how wonderful these cars are. D2's are just cool and that's all there is to it! Even beigey V6 ones!

C4R 100N 2nd February 2020 10:15 AM

The D2 is so nice that I go outside and drive it somewhere just because....

I have done more joyriding in mine since purchase than practical kms. I simply can't get enough of it, so I can relate to what you are saying!:love:

The_Laird 2nd February 2020 03:16 PM

My first ‘8 was a 2.8 - and I loved it!

Spanker 3rd February 2020 06:59 AM

Good to see the old girl back in use :)

barzya8 3rd February 2020 09:33 AM

Great to have you back in a D2 Davey Blueeyes.
Hope to catch up at a local meet soon +++ :cool:

tc4332 3rd February 2020 10:04 AM

I honestly could not face life without an 8.

Davey Blueeyes 3rd February 2020 12:40 PM

Thanks all. Yes, I am quite nicely surprised by the V6. I has a more than decent rumble and shove, especially in Sport mode.

Can't make the meet, I have my son that weekend and he's not interested. But maybe next year. And then maybe in something else??? :love:

tc4332 3rd February 2020 05:01 PM

My 11 year old grandson attends these and is always happy for a playmate

Davey Blueeyes 3rd February 2020 06:10 PM

Sadly mine is a moody 13 year old who is closest to his Rubik's cube!

Thanks all, the longest I've ever made a D2 gearbox last is 14 weeks! So if this is still shifting in May I'll have a little party!

Sit down, Waldo 3rd February 2020 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey Blueeyes (Post 155446)
Thanks all, the longest I've ever made a D2 gearbox last is 14 weeks! So if this is still shifting in May I'll have a little party!

Still waiting for my first D2 to make it to the road. So glad I've read that lol

Nice car btw!