A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Interior Electrics (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Replacement / Aftermarket electrical parts OEM’s? (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15678)

Prefferle 17th May 2020 10:01 AM

Replacement / Aftermarket electrical parts OEM’s?

Hi Folks,

I am wondering if we have / can have any resource on the forum To guide us on which aftermarket parts manufacturers are supplying quality parts for our previous cars? This is especially an issue as Audi dealer parts are closed due to Covid-19.

After my previous ordeal buying a replacement oil separator off the internet. It was flawed and caused me loads of grief, to discover after several weeks this new part was defective crap; after a suggestion from a USA forum member to replace the oil separator AGAIN I then bought a febi oil separator and problem sorted.

I am now on the market for a replacement brake light switch and wondering if the Meyle or febi parts are a proper replacement?

Thanks,

MikkiJayne 17th May 2020 10:13 AM

TPS are still open I believe, although I haven't ordered anything from them since lockdown started. I can see if I can get a genuine switch for you if that would help?

Meyle and Febi I consider Tier 2 - not OEM, but ok quality. They can both be hit or miss though. Meyle HD control arms work well, but reports on their D2 header tank suggest they don't last very long.

OEM for electrical stuff is usually Bosch or Siemens / VDO.

Prefferle 17th May 2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikkiJayne (Post 157466)
TPS are still open I believe, although I haven't ordered anything from them since lockdown started. I can see if I can get a genuine switch for you if that would help?

Meyle and Febi I consider Tier 2 - not OEM, but ok quality. They can both be hit or miss though. Meyle HD control arms work well, but reports on their D2 header tank suggest they don't last very long.

OEM for electrical stuff is usually Bosch or Siemens / VDO.

Thanks Mikki,
I’m looking to buy an OEM grade part 3B0945511C (Or latest version) to replace the febi brake light switch that I have already fitted that still results in the brake light switch failure.
I’ve not dealt with TPS previously, It would be great if you can track down an OEM switch for me, thanks.

MikkiJayne 17th May 2020 11:00 AM

PM me the reg or vin number please so we can be sure of the latest version, and I will see what I can do +++

homer simpson 17th May 2020 11:14 AM

TPS are definitely open, I ordered from them a few weeks ago during lockdown. They are delivering only though, to the registered company's address. No collections allowed and the public (who could still use my local branch) have been stopped.

IT 17th May 2020 10:41 PM

Note that A8parts are still processing new part orders, and can source any TPS part to your doorstep, even now..... just drop them an email enquiry@prestigemotorservice.co.uk +++

Johnmed 18th May 2020 08:51 PM

I didn’t know about them TPS’ing? That’s great news. Thanks Ian.