A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Spotless (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Bucket Upgrade (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16109)

David's8 4th February 2021 04:11 PM

Bucket Upgrade

After years of doing the two bucket routine using what was previously an ex-chicken manure bucket for the wash and a baby nappy soaking bucket for the rinse I really thought it was about time to get some proper kit. :o After a bit of research I found a company based in Kent called "Jennychem" who have a substantial range of vehicle cleaning chemicals and kit in various sizes from 1L to 1000ltr IBCs. I got 2 x 20ltr wash buckets with grit guards for £17.95 the pair and 5ltrs of cherry red snow foam for £15. Free delivery over £30. They have a substantial range of products from fallout remover to TFR to waxes.
Worth checking out especially if, like MJ, you are using a LOT of cleaning product.
(I have no connection personal or commercial with this company - just thought they appear to offer decent size/quantities and very competitive prices +++ )

tintin 4th February 2021 04:30 PM

Is this where/what you meant David?

https://www.jennychem.com/products/2...5c76e15e&_ss=r

David's8 4th February 2021 05:30 PM

That's the site yes +++ Although I just went for the 2 bucket deal and the on-offer snow foam. When the weather is good enough to get out and clean the car i'll report back on the snowfoam. I fully expect the bucket to function, well, like a bucket :ROFL:

briang9 4th February 2021 05:50 PM

Been using their tyre dressing for a while. I also needed more snowfoam recently and based on a number of recommendations on detailing sites I opted for Bilt Hamber Auto Foam. Waiting for the rain to stop to try it

tonupkid 4th February 2021 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 162745)
After years of doing the two bucket routine using what was previously an ex-chicken manure bucket for the wash and a baby nappy soaking bucket for the rinse I really thought it was about time to get some proper kit. :o After a bit of research I found a company based in Kent called "Jennychem" who have a substantial range of vehicle cleaning chemicals and kit in various sizes from 1L to 1000ltr IBCs. I got 2 x 20ltr wash buckets with grit guards for £17.95 the pair and 5ltrs of cherry red snow foam for £15. Free delivery over £30. They have a substantial range of products from fallout remover to TFR to waxes.
Worth checking out especially if, like MJ, you are using a LOT of cleaning product.
(I have no connection personal or commercial with this company - just thought they appear to offer decent size/quantities and very competitive prices +++ )

Do you still have the lid for your ex-nappy bucket?

David's8 4th February 2021 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briang9 (Post 162748)
Been using their tyre dressing for a while. I also needed more snowfoam recently and based on a number of recommendations on detailing sites I opted for Bilt Hamber Auto Foam. Waiting for the rain to stop to try it

I'm currently using that based on recommends from detailing sites. I have to say that whilst it doesnt produce lots of thick, clingy foam no matter what setting i put on the foam lance, it does seem to shift the dirt +++

And no, Nick, i don't have the lid :Confused: Why, are you in need of one:ROFL:

briang9 4th February 2021 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 162752)
I'm currently using that based on recommends from detailing sites. I have to say that whilst it doesnt produce lots of thick, clingy foam no matter what setting i put on the foam lance, it does seem to shift the dirt +++

Most of the reviews do say that whilst it's not the "foamiest" it does work much better than others that do "foamalot" at removing dirt +++

tonupkid 4th February 2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 162752)

Nope David, I don't need a lid. I used to import them and the lids made wicked Frisbees. It could be risky wandering around our warehouse, especially as the edges of the lids broke and became razor sharp :tuttut:

sarg 4th February 2021 07:49 PM

I use a LOT of snowfoam and have tried lots of them, most are not that great.

I absolutely recommend Yum Cars foam, I won't use anything else at the moment. Don't use all their products, but their foam is excellent.

Architex_mA8tey 8th February 2021 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarg (Post 162756)
I use a LOT of snowfoam and have tried lots of them, most are not that great.

I absolutely recommend Yum Cars foam, I won't use anything else at the moment. Don't use all their products, but their foam is excellent.

I'd agree with Sarg on the foam, I use a lot of YumCars stuff and most of it is really good quality / functionally. I do agree with Brian that the JennyChem Long Life Tyre Shine
https://www.jennychem.com/products/l...4aAi_0EALw_wcB
is super though and have a couple of larger "vats" of it which I transfer to smaller holders and apply by brush, just wait for it to dry and then it lasts a huge amount of time whilst looking great +++