A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Cars (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   FS: 2004 A8 3.7 (not sport) (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14129)

IT 6th July 2019 05:17 PM

I'd completely forgotten this was for sale.....

Can you recap the current price, your location, current faults and mot expiry ?

mannyo 6th July 2019 06:27 PM

Hi Ian,

MOT is due in 3 weeks,

Recent new front air strut, air compressor and fuse/relay. I've done 900 miles in her since replacing these, after she was off the road for 3 months and the new parts are working well.

Issues as per first page in this thread, plus Keyless no longer working as it says No Key detected on the DIS when you try to start. The ECU is working and shows an electrical fault when scanned, but the memory retrieval all works from the fingerprint reader.

This car is not perfect, but still drives really well.

Happy to post VCDS scan for anyone interested.

I'd take £1900 ONO for her as she is, she still has the Audi hybrid TV tuner installed.

Will include a good front air strut,

IT 6th July 2019 06:35 PM

Really Sorry..... Just saw you're in Dorset which makes it a non starter. Sorry, I was on a tiny mobile screen and missed the location on your profile....

mannyo 20th July 2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IT (Post 151487)
Really Sorry..... Just saw you're in Dorset which makes it a non starter. Sorry, I was on a tiny mobile screen and missed the location on your profile....

Quick update

Car is still for sale, she passed her MOT on Friday with no advisories, so now comes with MOT until August 2020.

mannyo 24th August 2019 10:58 AM

Right as of today (24/8/2019) the car has developed a fault with the blower motor, I have replaced the control module with another used one which made no difference so the car needs the blower motor itself replacing.

I can no longer throw money into a car I am not using, so will accept any reasonable offer for her to go.

I am happy to deliver anywhere in the UK, as long as the buyer covers fuel costs and my travel fare back home.

Last month she got a full 12 month MOT until 1st August 2020 with no advisories.

Current mileage is 168,635 and the mileage at MOT was 168,563 so in the last month she has done just 70 miles.

The car will come with some good used spares including front air strut and some compressor parts and the blower control module.
The car will also come with a brand new rear number plate lamp holder with bulb.

Please someone buy her otherwise I'll just have to scrap it locally or to the forum sponsor.

DailyMike 26th August 2019 05:43 PM

Manny,
1. Is the car fitted with towbar and electrics?
2. What's the annual car tax please?
3. If I come to collect it, what's the best price please?

Many thanks,

DailyMike.

mannyo 29th August 2019 09:55 AM

Hi DailyMike

There is no towbar or electrics fitted.

Current tax rate is £325 per year, I pay monthly by DD and at renewal in November 2018 it was slightly less.

£1900 is the lowest I would go, that would make it by far the cheapest D3 anywhere I am aware of. Please read this full thread, and my more recent ones for recent work done and still outstanding.

DailyMike 4th September 2019 11:47 AM

Manny, apologies for the delay in replying to your prompt response to my questions.

I've had a bad fall aggravating previous back, neck and shoulder injuries. Subsequently, until I can return to "normal duties", my interest is on hold.

Best of luck with selling your D3 in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Mike.

ainarssems 6th September 2019 09:09 PM

Just for comparison a car I was considering biddinng on because it had LPG https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A8-4...torefresh=true

mannyo 24th September 2019 02:19 PM

Just to update this, I have now sold the D3 to a dealer and bought another car. Watch this space for more info.