A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D2 - Interior Electrics (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Airbag Light - Can't find Blue/White wires (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13737)

Kingsman 13th January 2018 01:49 PM

Airbag Light - Can't find Blue/White wires

1 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone,

I've recently purchased an Audi A8 D2 4.2 V8 and I absolutely love this car! The one thing annoying me the most currently is the notorious Airbag light. I've looked at other threads in this forum and decided to go the resistor route, so I ordered the 470 Ohm resistor and tried to fit it today.
Moved the passenger seat to make some working space, disconnected the battery and started looking for the Blue/White wire plug but I couldn't find it :Confused:
I've attached a picture below, would love some help in trying to figure it out.

HPsauce 13th January 2018 02:11 PM

Welcome, pictures (of your car) are a must! Does it have sports (Recaro) seats with the moveable thigh support?

Kingsman 13th January 2018 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 136566)
Welcome, pictures (of your car) are a must! Does it have sports (Recaro) seats with the moveable thigh support?

Pictures coming as soon as I find the right place and time for a photoshoot! :) They should be the comfort seats, is there a difference in the wiring?

HPsauce 13th January 2018 02:43 PM

I believe so.

Kingsman 13th January 2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 136569)
I believe so.

Alright, any idea where I should put the resistor?

HPsauce 13th January 2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingsman (Post 136571)
Alright, any idea where I should put the resistor?

Me, no as I've only ever had sports seats which almost inevitably fail in the thigh pad; but have you had a VCDS scan to confirm where the problem is?

Kingsman 13th January 2018 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 136572)
Me, no as I've only ever had sports seats which almost inevitably fail in the thigh pad; but have you had a VCDS scan to confirm where the problem is?

Since both seats are made by Recaro, I'd guess the exact same sensors are used in both.
Unfortunately I don't have any equipment yet for scanning but I do plan on buying OBDeleven sometime soon.

HPsauce 13th January 2018 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingsman (Post 136573)
Since both seats are made by Recaro, I'd guess the exact same sensors are used in both.

Not necessarily, do yours have a moveable thigh pad?
If so, slide it forward, tilt the seat back and look underneath; the wires to the sensor in it should be obvious.

MikkiJayne 13th January 2018 07:32 PM

The comfort seats don't have the movable thigh pad or the troublesome sensor. You'll need to scan it to see what the code is.

Where are you? There may be a member nearby who can scan it for you +++

Kingsman 13th January 2018 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikkiJayne (Post 136586)
The comfort seats don't have the movable thigh pad or the troublesome sensor. You'll need to scan it to see what the code is.

Where are you? There may be a member nearby who can scan it for you +++

Guess I'm going to have to live with the Airbag light for a little longer then :mad:
Having someone help with scanning for codes would be perfect but unfortunately I live in Estonia :rolleyes: