A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   VCDS (aka Vagcom) (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   2007 A8 3.0 TDI - VCDS questions from a beginner (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11956)

Oodoom 28th July 2016 08:38 AM

2007 A8 3.0 TDI - VCDS questions from a beginner

Bought my first A8 at the weekend, and had my first VCDS scan on Tuesday night (thanks go to tc4332 - Ray you are a gent and I owe you one).

After we cleared the old codes out, only had 2 persistent faults showing up:

1. Voice control was in CP (which seems a bit weird but Im not bothered cos I wont be using it)

2. Engine Mount solenoid valve short - should I be worried about this or can I safely ignore it?

I'm hoping to borrow a VCDS from a workmate, and would like to know if the following options can be coded on an A8 D3 2007:
  • Mirror fold in when ignition switched off (and fold out when car started)?
  • Make sidelights act as DRLs?
  • More bass from Bose system?
  • Needle sweep on startup? (admittedly a 'would be nice' gimmick, not a must-have!)

Ive done loads of reading in other forums but cant seem to find anything specifically relating to a 2007 A8, so any advice on any of the above would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

Conquistador 28th July 2016 09:21 AM

Mirrors can't fold in by locking the car without adding a module being wired in. A few owners have done it but it's a shame this can't just be coded in.

More bass from Bose - just turn up the bass a bit? Lol

Needle sweep is standard on facelift S8s and W12s but can't see a reason why it couldn't be coded in to other models by going to module 17 (instruments) then coding (07) and follow the simple instructions.

Delboy 28th July 2016 09:24 AM

As Ollie has said mirrors need electrickery to make them do that, its not a feature that can be coded.

I know nothing about the bose, but you can test the audio system with vcds

Needle sweep is a function of the cluster firmware, later years and can not be coded or adapted

Architex_mA8tey 29th July 2016 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oodoom (Post 115432)
2. Engine Mount solenoid valve short - should I be worried about this or can I safely ignore it?

Hi Adam
This seems to come up on many D3's, its a fault in one of the active engine mounts and requires the mount in question to be replaced. Most people tend to wait until they are doing something that requires the engine lifting a tad or front end off etc (like cam belts etc) and do it then. You can continue to ignore it if it doesnt worry you and you can live with the fault code +++

47p2 29th July 2016 05:01 PM

I changed one side on mine and a year later the other side went. Can't say I noticed any difference before or after the change

Oodoom 30th July 2016 06:01 PM

Cheers guys for the advice. Don't think I'll be worrying too much about the engine mount then!

tc4332 2nd August 2016 12:04 PM

Adam,
I have something similiar that has not deteriorated during our ownership.

1 Fault Found:
18278 - Transmission Mount Valve 1 (N262)
P1870 - 001 - Open Circuit
Freeze Frame:
RPM: 777 /min
Torque: 46.8 Nm
Speed: 0.0 km/h
Duty Cycle: 1.0 %
Voltage: 14.52 V
Bin. Bits: 00101100
Torque: 202.8 Nm
Temperature: 54.9°C

Readiness: 0 0 0 0 0

I think that it is the sensor that goes faulty rather than the actual mount.

ainarssems 2nd August 2016 12:59 PM

There is no sensor in the mount, only valve. At idle valve opens to allow liquid in the mount move more freely and absorb vibration. Under load valve closes to reduce engine movement. I think by default valve is closed so if it has failed you will have more vibration at idle but it's hard to notice. Sometimes it's just corrosion in the plug.

tc4332 2nd August 2016 01:45 PM

Ainar,
You are a font of knowledge.
Learning something every day, thanks.

Oodoom 12th August 2016 09:00 AM

Ainar, thank you - what you describe is exactly what is happening with my car. I think I can cope with the slight vibration at idle, next time I have any work done on the engine Ill ask for a price to replace mount.

Thanks again