A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Body and Exterior (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Elusive wipers (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13838)

kele 13th February 2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubbs (Post 137755)
Anyone got good recommendations for wipers? I need some new ones but they seem to be quite elusive as a set for the A8

Yes. See this thread. Free coffee and car wash and vac included (£33) fitted. Genuine parts...

Turbo Tony 13th February 2018 08:30 PM

I love the genuine Audi ones. I used to have Valeo blades on my car which were quite nice, until I tried the Audi ones on a courtesy car. I changed them immediately.

briang9 13th February 2018 09:48 PM

Probably get shot down for this but I have used Aldi wipers on the D2 for some years now and they are great, every time they pop up as specials I buy a few sets, usually change them every 18 months or so and TBH they have been perfect+++

Got BOSCH of ebay for the RS6, at least they come in BOSCH boxes, but who knows with the bay..do seem to work very well though+++

ainarssems 14th February 2018 09:03 AM

How do you make them last 18 months? I need to change mine at least twice a year, I tried genuine Audi hoping they will last better but no luck.

tc4332 14th February 2018 09:08 AM

I bought my current set in 2016 on fleebay for £1.99 free postage from Germany. They put the price up to £27 plus postage after mine arrived.Now I can.t find the site.

The wipers are still excellent after over 18 months use.

H-M3 14th February 2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ainarssems (Post 137824)
How do you make them last 18 months? I need to change mine at least twice a year, I tried genuine Audi hoping they will last better but no luck.

Do not use them dry, wash the rubber properly every time you wash the car. Use a decent alcoholic glass cleaner. Also use something like BarKeepers friend to decleanse the glass every month or use 00 wool wire. BKF use the powder formula on a microfiber cloth and then wash glass off.+++

ainarssems 14th February 2018 10:28 AM

Well I only wash the car about twice a year i.e the same number of times I change wiper rubber. :ROFL:

H-M3 14th February 2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ainarssems (Post 137836)
Well I only wash the car about twice a year i.e the same number of times I change wiper rubber. :ROFL:

Don’t bother then! Just buy new blades:ROFL:

Architex_mA8tey 14th February 2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ainarssems (Post 137836)

Crikey Ainars - you'll be telling me you're changing your car every year rather than cleaning it next! :rolleyes:

HPsauce 14th February 2018 07:21 PM

Ainars is rather like me, mine only really gets cleaned when I get to a show with Aspect Valeting in operation!