A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Cars (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   05 d3 w12 (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15878)

lordchris 14th September 2020 06:26 PM

05 d3 w12

I am considering selling my a8 swb w12. Full service history and lpg conversation still under warranty. 92k miles

Anyone who may be interested pm me. I will be looking as close to 8k as possible.

I think this is fair considering the lpg conver and final edition wheels.

Any interest pm. Car is going very well and no faults. Never let me down.

lordchris 14th September 2020 06:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Few pics

Regulus 14th September 2020 06:48 PM

Is it for sale down under? :ROFL:

lordchris 14th September 2020 06:50 PM

The market has gone t1ts up

ulfilias 15th September 2020 12:20 PM

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15560

Some better pics on that thread. Looks nice. Northern Ireland and the fact that i probably shouldn't really be looking at a W12 (eco stuff) but LPG makes it a lot better!

lordchris 15th September 2020 05:16 PM

Yip that’s it.

I replaced the straight pipe with an xpipe, but tbh it made no diff to anything ! Only my wallet

I’m thinking of selling my w12 and s2000 and just going 1 car. Maybe m3

lordchris 11th October 2020 12:14 PM

Any interest in this monster ?

lordchris 29th January 2021 01:44 PM

BUMP

This must go now as i have bought another yoke!

lordchris 29th January 2021 01:45 PM

@steamship any interest ?

Price drop - will take 6500 for a forum member, will be advertising close to 7.

steamship 29th January 2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordchris (Post 162581)
@steamship any interest ?

Afraid not. Can barely afford to keep the D2 on the road as it is, and that runs on LPG!

Ameiseuk 30th January 2021 09:50 AM

If anyone buys it in the UK, I can ship it over on our covered low loader

lordchris 30th January 2021 11:16 AM

thanks guys

Yes appreciate its not a good time to be selling with covid and work for a lot of people.

On the flip side, something to enjoy whilst doing low miles.

Just filled the LPG tank ready for the new owner, just need to sell it lol

steamship 30th January 2021 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordchris (Post 162602)
Just filled the LPG tank ready for the new owner, just need to sell it lol

Forgot that it was LPG.

Johnmed 7th February 2021 04:06 PM

Very nice looking D3. Tempting proposition with the LPG conversion. Where is the filler for the LPG situated?

lordchris 16th February 2021 10:48 PM

Only seen this

It’s at the back under rear bumper. In petrol cap would have been nicer but I’m used to it now and doesn’t bother me.

Car hasn’t been advertised much , been holding off eBay and autotrader but maybe an option going forward.

Storage may also. Can’t see these cars depreciating.

lordchris 7th March 2021 05:56 PM

No interest folks?

Pains me to advertise and sell to a non enthusiast. Getting close to storage but such a waste to be sitting about

lordchris 28th March 2021 09:05 AM

Bump

jonnypym123 29th March 2021 07:50 PM

I'd hang onto it Chris if you can, can you sorn? I reckon 5 years time it'll be worth twice the price. Value of our cars is so low in the current climate, I would think it can only increase in value, a w12 on lpg, the w12 will be rarer soon as its phased out of the audi group so I hear due to manufacturer emissions compliance, can only make it more valuable :)

lordchris 13th September 2021 09:15 PM

Advertised again

Just fancy a change, if doesnt sell no issue, as just does everything so well.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...77339607429624

steamship 14th September 2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordchris (Post 166724)
Advertised again

I know you're now selling to the great unwashed :rolleyes: on Facebook, but worth listing all the plus points as trying to shift a 6.0 petrol in the current climate is difficult enough.

It has a solar sunroof. Is it just the rear blind, or does it have the side blinds as well (and are they electric?). It's LPG, so show the boot and the tank (some people like me would want to know the location of the tank - i.e. toroidal tank or tank across the back). Show the filler location. Does it have things like power boot or soft close doors?

Would reword the bit about the wheel arch scrape, as that sticks out to me (but maybe that's just the way my mind works). i.e. if it's an "easy fix" then why not do it yourself, as in the current condition it's a negative point and therefore a bargaining chip for a buyer. Maybe show a photo of the scrape. I know you don't want to spend more money on it as you're trying to sell it, but would it be worth getting a quote from someone to see how much it would cost to repair.

The MMI screen sticking is a gears issue. The gears are cheap and if you already do work on your cars, it's worth a hour or two to repair. Another bargaining chip for a buyer.

ulfilias 14th September 2021 11:45 AM

Not sure what the used car market is like in NI at the moment, but the UK has gone pretty silly. I think if the car was here it would sell quite reasonably!

Agree with fixing the irksome bits though. The gears i believe are pretty easy - Oddly my 2005 D3 with 190+ miles hasn't had this issue!

That LPG offsets the W12 nicely, so some pics would help. Agreed on the tank location. My D2 had a big 90l tank across the back of the boot, my D3 has the wheel well tank. Not sure which i actually prefer. I always wanted the wheel tank, but having it now, the LPG capacity is far less and the deep boot isn't that useful!!! - I've a tank across the back in my Jeep and that's annoying because the seats fold and that feature is almost useless but the fixed seat back in the audi makes the space a pain to get to and the greater capacity is always useful when you find a cheap LPG supplier!

lordchris 5th October 2021 12:38 PM

All good points lads

I have bought a tvr Tuscan , and it would empty your wallet quicker than a Vegas stripper.

So I have decided to stick with the w12 since it’s been so reliable and better the devil you know. I have spoilt it to new ps4s tyres coming later in week.

Quote for a respray of side panel and boot , both marked around 500. Then the gears, I’ll prob see if my Audi guy will do that during the next service.

If it’s one thing I hate it’s ripping round dash trims , but each to their own.

steamship 5th October 2021 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordchris (Post 166976)
If it’s one thing I hate it’s ripping round dash trims , but each to their own.

There are several write-ups and videos showing how it's done if you want to pass onto your Audi guy. A great write-up is here on the forum:

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/attachmen...9&d=1398896823

And here's a couple of videos:

https://youtu.be/GWohs_QvEII

https://youtu.be/V2L0W1MZ0Uk

lordchris 5th October 2021 06:32 PM

Thanks Sean I hope your well.

I seen some videos but unfortunately I have a muscular issue at the minute and it’s impacting everything. The thought of wriggling about the interior for an hour isn’t possible.

I’m going to put it off for a while and hoping the body will be able to do it. As yes it just looks like a few cogs.

Are you missing the s8 - I think that would be my next move if I were to step away. But I envisage another year in the w12 especially now if splashed on tyres and next service / mot is close.

A8 Doc 21st October 2021 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordchris (Post 166982)
Thanks Sean I hope your well.

I seen some videos but unfortunately I have a muscular issue at the minute and it’s impacting everything. The thought of wriggling about the interior for an hour isn’t possible.

I’m going to put it off for a while and hoping the body will be able to do it. As yes it just looks like a few cogs.

Are you missing the s8 - I think that would be my next move if I were to step away. But I envisage another year in the w12 especially now if splashed on tyres and next service / mot is close.

Just sent you a PM

lordchris 22nd October 2021 11:32 AM

Just replied, thanks

lordchris 30th October 2021 06:52 PM

The old girl is refusing alignment attempts

So new track rod ends and boots coming now :ROFL:

lordchris 1st December 2021 04:46 PM

New track rod assembly and alignment done.

New ate discs front and rear. Ate pads front and rear. Not cheap as this big lad has bigger discs. And new PS4’s on now.

Driving a treat

S81 2nd December 2021 09:44 PM

Do you know if the ate were the oem ? I want to change front on my s8,but would like them to be oem ,I changed rears last winter but for a genuine set

lordchris 3rd February 2022 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S81 (Post 167774)
Do you know if the ate were the oem ? I want to change front on my s8,but would like them to be oem ,I changed rears last winter but for a genuine set

Not sure boss. I believe so. All oem factory codes.

lordchris 3rd February 2022 07:22 PM

https://rmsmotoring.com/classifieds/...-6-litre-/4874

Decided I think it’s time for a change for me and maybe something smaller.

Any interest pm I may take a bit off for forum members. But need a reason return considering I put new tyres and brakes and tie assemblies on there. The best brakes and tyres I could buy as well.

Car flew through mot Jan no advisories.

lordchris 24th September 2023 06:57 AM

Hi folks

I’m not in here much but I appreciate this is where the real folks wrt to the d3

I have been dailying this w12 since 2020 and it looks like I need to part with it

Unfortunately I think my starter has give up and I’m led to believe it’s a pig of a job labour wise which I really can’t justify at the minute

Posting on here encase anyone would like her as she sits before I consider nastier things which I really do not want to do ( part it )

It’s such a comfortable car and when I look at the cars for sale today and the seats and interior the pale in comparison to the a8.

The car is Northern Ireland - but the electrics are in fine and braking all still working so it could be lifted and loaded .

Thanks Chris