A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Moltuae. RIP. :-( (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16162)

IT 2nd March 2021 12:35 PM

Moltuae. RIP. :-(

I have received information, albeit unverified, but very credible that sadly Mark has passed away. I was contacted by one of his friends as the admin of this forum that they knew he frequented.

The entire message is quoted below. I don't know any more details than this. The message was actually received on Sunday, putting his death Saturday.

I have responded to Joe to send our condolences and thank him for taking the time to reach out.

"Hello,
I’m contacting you as a good friend of Mark. I know he was mad keen on his D2 and prolific on his S8 forums, from arranging meets to giving helpful advice. I am sorry to inform you Mark passed away yesterday morning. I just thought it would be nice to let any forum friends ect know. Please free to contact me on my mobile xxxxxxxx if potentially anyone wants to know about funeral arrangements or passing on their condolences to Lynn his partner.

Joe"

Mark was a huge part of our forum, and the meets over the years and he will be missed greatly.

Architex_mA8tey 2nd March 2021 12:39 PM

This is simply the worst news . . . so very sad :-(
we will try to quietly establish a few more details and at an appropriate stage I would suggest some kind of forum tribute to Mark but he will be hugely missed and I really hope that we can support Lynn through such a terrible time in any way that helps. . . . RIP Mark :(

MikkiJayne 2nd March 2021 12:43 PM

:-(

Conan_the_Librarian 2nd March 2021 12:44 PM

Terrible news. Such a lovely guy and so young. Poor Lynn. My heart goes out to her. RIP Mark, a staunch member of the forum and lovely chap.

David's8 2nd March 2021 12:59 PM

Such shocking news. So very sad and such a great couple. Lynn will be devastated.

tintin 2nd March 2021 01:00 PM

Thanks Ian/Neil/all. Deeply shocking. I've now spoken with Ray, who is the best person to contact Lyn, given his close relationship to both of them. Mark was a truly lovely bloke, and will be much missed. RIP Mark.

briang9 2nd March 2021 01:03 PM

Shocking news, so very sad

The_Laird 2nd March 2021 01:10 PM

That's terrible news. I'm really shocked. :-(

GarethS8 2nd March 2021 01:21 PM

:-(

tc4332 2nd March 2021 01:29 PM

This is the most terrible news, not fair at all.
Lyn is obviously very upset.
I have offered and been accepted as a Single Point Of Contact (SPOC). If you need to know anything please contact me first and I will forward any messages in either direction.
If you need to send condolence cards then please send to:-
Mr J Ainscow
Bradley Fold Garden Centre
Radcliffe Moor Road,
Radcliffe,
Bolton BL2 6RE
I will keep you informed as and when any details are released.
I do apologise if this message seems rather formal but I am struggling to keep myself together at the moment.