A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D4 - Everything Else (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Found one at Last (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11463)

limoncello 12th April 2016 09:48 AM

Found one at Last

Well finally got a D4 4.2 TDI
Silver with black interior
2010 model, picked up yesterday and drove home in atrocius weather, but loved every minute of it, ACC is superb slowing me down before i could even see the car in front.
got all the toys i wanted and a few more, heated/cooled/massage seats, adaptive lights, night vision, ACC, pre sense, brake guard side assists and land change, alcantra, extended leather etc

Engine and ride just superb, cant wait to go to france on a trip in a couple of weeks

now got to work out how half of it works, and change my Sig

IT 12th April 2016 09:58 AM

Well done +++

Not the one from Oscar though listed at 25K surely ?

limoncello 12th April 2016 10:00 AM

yes, not for that price though

IT 12th April 2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limoncello (Post 110086)
yes, not for that price though

Good +++ Lane assist isn't worth an extra 5K over mine ;)

limoncello 12th April 2016 10:06 AM

i agree , and had i not been 90% through on this deal i would have preffered to go with yours just based on the "known" factor

that is if you could part with it without finding one with exclusive

gninnam 12th April 2016 10:06 AM

Well done Nick - I will have to pop round to have a good nosey +++

Conquistador 12th April 2016 10:07 AM

Sounds good, are adaptive lights the LED headlights? Post up some pics when you can +++

IT 12th April 2016 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limoncello (Post 110089)
i agree , and had i not been 90% through on this deal i would have preffered to go with yours just based on the "known" factor

that is if you could part with it without finding one with exclusive

Like you, I drove the D4 and immediately fell in love with it. I'd happily let this one go, on the off chance I find a better one soon - but really didn't want the stress of owning 2.

You're all sorted now, and I don't think anyone else is chomping at the bit to buy a D4 at the mo, so I'll stick where I'm at and knuckle down to a few upgrades that I've been dithering over... +++

Pleased you like the adaptive cruise. Its quite a bit better on the D4 than the D3. Quite a lot more intuitive. It won't undertake cars at speed for example, and is much gentler and proactive at responding the changes in traffic in front.

Enjoy +++

IT 12th April 2016 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conquistador (Post 110092)
Sounds good, are adaptive lights the LED headlights? Post up some pics when you can +++

Adaptive are Xenon - You can get LED, but from what I've read they're less dynamic than the adaptive xenons. If that makes sense.

These Xenons will swivel left and right guided by sat nav, and the high beam assist doesn't switch the high beam on and off, more of a gradual fade between states. Really noticeable on an unlit back road.

The new matrix LED headlights must be stunning....

limoncello 12th April 2016 10:14 AM

thanks , i was rather pleased driving home it was so effortless, i always tend to worry after ive bought any car, but everything seems to be as he has said aprt from there being only a little more than 3mm of tread on all 4 tyres, there was so much to look at i didnt check the obvious.