View Single Post
Old 12th October 2015, 08:29 PM

Just had a look and the D3 earthing point is indeed under the liner of the front driver side wheel arch behind the strut, thanks Del It's possible to access the bolt without removing the liner if you can get the use of a ramp Not sure if Audi had the earth cable off when doing the repairs but the bolt was not as tight as it should have been, I gave it about a 3/4 turn to nip it up

Interesting what you see when looking for something else

Plastic trim hanging off, so a trip back to the Audi body shop tomorrow to kick up a stink. One of these push in plastic clips with the centre pins has not been replaced

Also the carpet liner has a plastic nut missing, it's in an awkward place so they probably found it easier to leave it off

I've removed the plastic part as I don't want it to fall off onto the road

Just to update this and not divert away too much from the original thread. Took the car in this morning and they put it on the ramp and replaced the missing parts. The guy who worked on the car can't remember taking these parts off, but as nobody else has been in there I doubt they have just loosened and came of on there own. Also booked it in tomorrow to have the scratch they inflicted on the mirror cover repainted

Nite Blue 3.0L SE Quattro

Last edited by 47p2; 13th October 2015 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Updating thread