View Single Post
Old 16th October 2015, 09:44 AM

Default D3 4.2 TDI Prefacelift versus Facelift

Hi,

I was researching different options for me for a luxobarge to do 110 miles per day round trip.

I started to read about 745i versus Audi A8 versus Lexus, long story short, someone mentioned that the Facelift cars are a lot better, specifically in the handling areas due to changes on the suspension.

I duly went and drove a facelift car, this one - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...08te&logcode=p

I was well impressed. Ive driven 745i before and whilst more of a driver's car, The A8 was great. I drove a Lexus 430 yesterday and whilst a lot cheaper, very numb. I also prefer the torque from a diesel engine.

The car linked above is fairly cheap for a facelift car. Its got a lovely spec but there are a few things wrong with it too.

It has no service history after 114K, its now on 168K. The car looks well maintained and clean. The dealer is indicating that he was told it was serviced although he hastens to add that he cannot show that this was done.

I dont like the interior colour but its not horrible. The steering wheel has wear on it and I believe someone has smoked in the car previous.

There is a small cut on the passenger side leather and the front left speaker grill has some damage.

The car however is clean, has new decent tyres on it and is well specced.

So question time.

If I wanted something cheaper, are the pre facelifts worth looking at. I could buy a 3.0 TDI facelift but I really like the drive of the 4.2, having come from very sporty cars previously.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.