View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2015, 11:49 AM

Hey thought I'd share some pictures of my install.

Got the wiring harness from Kufatec. As I have the MMI 3G System and factory fitted TV system, the green Fakra cable needs to be wired into the 5F Information Electronics in block B - Multi-pin connector, 12-pin, blue (T12y), Pins 5 - FBAS wire (–) from reversing camera system control unit -J772- and 11 - FBAS wire (+) from reversing camera system control unit -J772-. Unfortunately I didn't get to take pictures of this process as I was in a rush to finish it asap!

Boot Lid Stripped

Lock Cylinder.. Notice the black bowden cable which needs to be disconnected 1st

Lock Cylinder from another angle. Notice that it is covered with a black cover which comes off when screwing off the Torx 30 bolts.

Boot Side trim stripped and preparing the wirings etc

Best place to guide the Green FBAS wire all the way to the front of the car

Grounding point

Because I wanted to route the wiring properly, I had to take out the media rack. And in the process I scratched the paint off..oops! To avoid this place a cloth there. I plan to put a sheet of sound deadner there to cover up this little booboo

Seeing as the Navigation rack is not being used, I chose that as the best mounting place for the RVC Control Unit. Applied some heavy duty double sided tape and stuck it there.

Tidying up wiring

I forgot to take some pictures of tapping into the CAN wires. I did so by undoing the connector from the PDC module and piggy backed directly from the connectors there, then secured the wiring with some electrical tape and zip wire. Works a treat as I wasn't overly keen on cutting and soldering etc.

Then I proceeded to coding the CAN gateway and PDC modules with VCDS.

Testing time..and it works. However the quality of the picture is a tad bit disappointing as it looks a bit grainy. I expected the sensor to be sharp even in low lighting conditions. Is the camera CMOS or CCD Based?

Currently:
2015 Audi A8 4H Sport Executive Quattro in Monsoon Grey