View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2015, 01:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
Motortrend dyno'd a D4 S8 in the head to head with the Alpina, and it made 575HP. The latest RS 3 seems to be putting out about 400 stock, too. Makes a change from the B7 RS 4, I don't believe the C6/D3 S8 made stock power on dynos either.
Well i did drive a D3 S8 about 5 months ago that was quite simply staggeringly quick .. the bloke dyno'd it and it was making 492bhp ... ok its was only 48bhp more but it did drive better than i expected

I just don't think people bother to dyno A8's or S8s given there nature

I wander out of 10 D3s how many would actually be 444bhp as claimed.. i know some that suffer Carbon build up but most I have driven have all felt crisp and responsive .. Mind you saying that some of the bently continental GT's are well over the estimated power levels in W12 form .. this was allegedly due to each one being hand built and there fore no Two were ever " Identical "

But IIRC the new Continental GT Shares the same engine as the D4 S8 .. as dose the RS6 RS7 .. only difference i believe is the Turbos on the RS range being slightly larger Hybrid Turbos and of course a Re map but all Capable of 650+ HP with a re map